Portable cassette players today

Thanks :slight_smile: gonna check out the Walkman reviews. If there’s one with a rechargeable battery that I can find properly serviced, that’d be my option. If I got the spare kidney for it still.

1 Like

i snagged on of these a couple of years ago… theyre not the Walkman experience but still pretty cool and pretty cheap as well.

it has a internal mic, tone control, speed control and runs on battery as well, so really good for that Ambient field recording type of vibe.

Linguaphone engelsk språkkurs. Lär dig Engelska | Köp på Tradera (593543676)

Found this

1 Like

something like the wm-ex190 is a decent option and a cheap price… you don’t really need to look beyond type 1 for modern tapes and 90s-2000s era players likely don’t even need servicing for sometime still. It will certainly sound better than any modern player.

My personally opinion its not really worth getting caught up in high end portable players they aren’t really gonna be as nice as a good home deck anyways… sure do look nice though.

1 Like

there’s a guy in Singapore 3D printing replacement battery cages for the D6 - they are otherwise an unobtainium item if you’ve scored one with a now-dead ni-cad battery pack.

these were one of my favourite loan-items from the media store when I was at university

4 Likes