PWM Malevolent

Did Paul shed any light on the midi troubles? I haven’t tried any midi stuff yet but I don’t use midi much so I probably won’t find out if I have sync troubles for a while.

1 Like

No, I didn’t bother him with that since it seems like he is the only one troubleshooting right now.

And it works, great even. The wild nature of everything leads to the perception of drift, and also the encoders are not very precise, so I may have them dialed in just enough to sound in sync for the first 20 bars, then I finally hear that’s it’s not.

The signal is constantly moving, so it may just clash with a clock signal at certain times.

I agree on the envelopes of the BS2. Maybe it is possible to mod them to make them more snappy?

I wonder if it’s because they were low resolution digital control. I think everything on the BS2 is 1-128 except for the filter being 256.

Malevolent through a Moogerfooger Phaser over an AJ Hall drum loop.

3 Likes

This sounds awesome. I love that characteristic rough sound Malevolent has. Like pieces of it are falling off or something.

Does anyone know if Malevolent outputs Midi Clock when the arp is going? Some sales sites like B&H say it does but I don’t get anything when I try to sync anything with it.

1 Like

Are you on the Owners group on the PWM website?

I found this posted there. I think it’s about incoming, so not sure about outgoing.

You may need to patch to clock out, unless you are trying to trigger another arp sequence on a different device.

1 Like

Mine takes incoming midi clock fine. But no clock sent on midi. Although receiving seems to still be related to the arp rate. So I can still tweak the arp rate from Malevolent and also tweak it from the master midi clock at the same time like they’re added together or something. Strange. I much prefer the simplicity of analog clock. Midi has been nothing but woe for me for 20+ years. :laughing:

1 Like