Radikal Spectralis mk1

I put mine away for awhile and broke it out again today, something about the sound is just so dang good… I think I am back to modular + spec as my main set up.

1 Like

how do the sequencer features compare to modern elektrons? stuff like trig conditions etc

1 Like

The sequencer feels a bit more like something from modular to me… there is %chance but no conditions like elektron. You use multiple layers to sequence the equivalent of parameter locks. Every step of a modulation sequence can have envelopes that determine the type of motion for that step. You probably could set up the equivalent of conditions through multiple layers of sequencer and using the note division scaling sort of feature it has.

Live recording doesn’t get recorded to the sequencer and instead it lives on its own. The only thing you can really edit about it is its quantization. It does feel like a very accurate midi ppqn not sure what it is. Lots of just play it until you get it right in that mode.

Sorry if my thoughts seem scattered on it, but using the spectralis does that to you :upside_down_face:

1 Like