Rav Vast and Handpan plus electronics anyone?

Hold on, is this you I’ve just posted about above? :slight_smile:

I’m well into it. Amazing music, and really inspiring.

1 Like

When I first heard these I liked the sound, and considered getting one, but I got a bit bored of it now, probably from oversaturation with them being so widely used in movies/TV shows. Also I think a lot of people tend to play them very similarly, and the limited key range and hand noise gets boring fast to me.

I think there are a few artists who play them well and a lot who just fall into the trustafarian free spirit hippy festival vibe cliches.

2 Likes

Yeah, that’s me! And thank you! So cool you’ve found my music! Trevor Deep Jr. is also a friend of mine.

I’ve had a sort of Spotify moment this winter, with a very sudden explosion from maybe 300 monthly listeners to more than 200 000 listeners and one of my tracks reaching 1,5 million streams in just a couple of months. It feels weird but pretty awesome, because I’ve been doing this for more than a decade almost full time and I got quite used to having almost no listeners outside the handpan scene. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Very strange to find this thread right now. I have an electric kalimba and I often run it through several effects boxes (ZOIA, DL4 MKII, KP3, Hotone Krush, RC-505 MKII, and now Tensor) to come up with melodic loops and then compose songs out of the loops. Several of the songs on my SoundCloud were made using kalimba and effects. I just purchased the Red Panda Tensor and one of the main reasons is to run my kalimba through it to come up with complex melodics. This thread is cool. I would like to invest in one of these drum thingies too soon.

Yeah, it’s great. I’ve been buying Trevor Deep Jr. stuff for years, and found your music through the Vienosound comp. Without generalising there’s something about the Finnish sound - has a laidback melancholy which I’m drawn to.

I’m really into Aki Kaurismäki as well, and have some Genelecs … Maybe I have some Finnish blood in me somewhere :rofl:

1 Like

Very nice! I like your combination of the pan with the acid, and I like the restraint on both instruments.

1 Like

Thank you very much :pray:
Cheers