Removing reverb from whole kit in Nord Drum 3P

I’ve seen lots of love here for Nord Drum so here is a topic that I created in Nord User Forum for cleaning the Nord Drum 3P kit from unwanted reverb fast.
http://www.norduserforum.com/nord-drum-forum-f27/removing-reverb-from-whole-kit-in-nord-drum-3p-t15153.html

1 Like

Haha, nice, I did that a month or two ago, except I did it by turning Reverb Type to off for all of them. Sounds about as crispy as the Nord Drum 2 now - so much better without the reverb. What were they thinking? Otherwise such a great synth.

1 Like

yeah, I’m on my third try with this instrument and all the previous attempts failed as soon as I heard this noisy reverb. This time I decided to commit myself to do whatever it takes to make this instrument work with me. Is the Reverb Type a global setting or would you do it by kit?

1 Like

I did it for every kit preset, almost the same as you described, switching the type to “off” to make sure I wouldn’t get any reverb-related aliasing. With all pads selected, if you hold the Reverb Color Type button and turn the encoder anticlockwise to “off”, that will do the trick. Holding the button and turning the encoder (a la p-locking) always changes the lower parameter, so you don’t need to hold shift. This might be obvious, but I’m highlighting it because I had the ND2 for more than a year before I realised this!

FYI, if you’ve got it hooked up to Ableton, here’s an awesome Max For Live editor object.

1 Like

thanks for the pro tip, @handed

1 Like