Restrictions are for the dreamless

I briefly thought the craters appeared to be landing both on and off a grid, and the “restriction” being removed was sequencing to a rigid grid. but, we basically already have that with micro-timing.

unless you consider playing keys, and having no sequencer, being freed from this restriction? :thinking:

3 Likes

So was the teaser campaign for the Model:Samples

Only Digitone
Only Digitakt
And then
“Only ____”

1 Like

The teaser for Digitakt started out with ambient drones too

2 Likes

You could think battery pack is removing restrictions.

Even more pointless bleep ambient YouTube vids with gear on top of a galloping aardvark .

2 Likes

personally from the hints so fat I’d say it’s pretty clear:

they’re releasing a new limited edition 90s style Video synthesizer with an attached rocket launch pad for firing your Digitakt at the moon.

I quite like restrictions, though.

3 Likes

It’s the Digiwave! :pray:

Maybe it’s because you’re dreamless

2 Likes

it won’t be the battery pack. Cuckoo publicly said “I saw it, it’s almost done, could be at SB…” which he would never do if they’re running a teaser campaign this strong.

Maybe elektron are giving away European passports to u.k residents if the idiots succeed …
I’ll be able to visit Europe with no restrictions.
(i haven’t seen the B word mentioned yet )

11 Likes

Could be! Restrictions take me to places I could never dream of, since they force me to employ a certain kind of creativity to navigate around the limitations.

It’s also how acid house was born, so there’s that too.

5 Likes

This is hypnotic.
I now have a strong urge to throw my Digi’s out of my bedroom window.

Maybe this will unlock new features.

I’m going home to test my theorey.

I’ll see you when i wake up.

All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy. All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy. All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy. All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy. All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy.

1 Like

Any time I dream, I dream of spiders and my genitals falling off.

I wish I were dreamless, I haven’t slept in months

8 Likes

Honestly I’m a little put off by the tagline. I too find restrictions beneficial in that they both control my uncontrolled impulses and make me think in ways I wouldn’t have otherwise. Which is kind of what makes Elektron so appealing to me as they offer a lot but still controlled…

which is another reason why this is a bit off putting: the notion that Elektron is taking aim at what they consider “restrictions” is tbh terrifying.

2 Likes

Also they’re insinuating accomplishing something that is arguably impossible

What if it’s a virtual modular box?

2 Likes

Just battery pack? Oops. Sorry for making misfortune :joy:

1 Like

No restrictions?: Elektron device loaded with Max patches

1 Like

Exactly. Please no cause I just ordered a Zoia. :roll_eyes:

Wonder if the DSP boot failure caused that DN to crash and burn?

5 Likes