Retrokits RK008 - midi recorder/sequencer

Yup that sounds good to me, song-mode for Elektron sequencers :wink:

Bit disappointed that, at present, step-edit does not seem to be about editing notes after the event. BUT … this is also good news

we have various roadmaps for RK008 expansion but it all depends on it’s success.

and yet more:

but now i’m curious.
so, we have 100 parts (per song).
will it be possible to select a part for playback with some kind of MIDI message from external controller?
(i’m thinking about Launchpad or similar grid controllers)
Retrokits
we now have a control map based on the launchkey mini mk3 midi map so you can remotely activate track select, record, mute and such.

so, with attached Launchpad, we’ll basically get a kind of clip launcher.

2 Likes

Haha, beat me to it quoting that one :slight_smile: We should probably just let people read the thread on facebook or we’ll be here all day :slight_smile:

not everyone is on FB, that’s why i’m copypasting it all here.

11 Likes

Yes, thank you for this. (I’m not on IG either.)

1 Like

Oooh. It looks like this should work for MPE just fine — no channel limits per track. Definitely getting one.

I wrote to them about MPE and they said it should theoretically be possible, but it might also be possible to overload the recorder with data. So no black MIDI MPE performances, I guess. Oh well. I signed up to be notified when they are available, though MIDI tape recorder on the iPad will give it a run for its money.

2 Likes

thanks for bringing up the midi tape recorder. didnt know it existed and its even free.

2 Likes

Pre-order is opened!

1 Like

Hmmm. €349.59 ex.VAT (sorry, did we know that already ? … not sure that I did)

Not seeing pre-order right now … I wonder if that means they got enough pre-orders already to secure the first batch.

Small batch of pre-order must have been gone already…

2 Likes

Since I have uninstalled my whole studio for renovations and I can only reinstall during summer and the relatively high price, I will bet on a next batch I suppose. Still intrigued tho…

I signed up to be notified and got an email saying they are in stock and a special url like 7 hour later. Probably limited but you may have to subscribe to get the pre order link in general

attractive in our shrinking world.

Is this basically a mini-Pyramid disguised as a calculator?

more like 3 Alesis MMT-8s in a calculator form. I wish it to have some calculator mode for fun

Teaser on facebook:

playing around with some new features on the #RK008 which are note length manipulation and a handy modwheel remap function - o wait… we haven’t really told you about the old new features

1 Like

Fun!

1 Like

really enjoyed the tune!

4 Likes

Anyone compare RK008 to the Bastl Midi Looper?

1 Like

Do they ship yet?