Roland TR-06 Boutique

Anyone noticed tap write seems to quantise incorrectly? It always seems to place hits on the preceding step., which the TR-606 does not do.

Anyone knows whether its possible to connect the TR-06 outs to the Analog Four?

as far as i know the a4 has an ext in so it should be possible to connect it.

1 Like

Just picked one of these up and I have to say Iā€™m loving it!

Iā€™m a bit confused about how the pattern groups work. Mine was B stock so might have been used beforeā€¦

Pattern bank 8 appeared to be empty. Iā€™ve made some beats on those patterns, and Pattern I seems to end up as an auto-generated fill - where do these fills come from? Iā€™ve not programmed them, but can edit themā€¦

Itā€™s these groups I canā€™t get my head around properly. Possibly not helped but it not telling you what pattern/ bank you are on. Please can anyone explain a little better how this works? :slight_smile: The Pattern I fills I mentioned above when programming new pattern in a bank 8 slot seem to come from pattern bank 7, which was already full.

From the manual:
Playing/Recording a Pattern
Playing a Pattern (PATTERN PLAY Mode)
Basic Operation
1. Turn the [MODE] knob to set to ā€œPATTERN PLAY.ā€ 2. Use the [PATTERN GROUP] button to select the pattern group (I or II). 3. Use the step [1]Ā­[16] buttons to select a pattern.
Even during playback, you can use the step [1]Ā­[16] buttons to select a pattern. To select pattern groups 3Ā­8 1. Hold down the [PATTERN GROUP] button and press a step [3]Ā­[8] button to select a group. 2. Hold down the [PATTERN GROUP] button and press a step [1]Ā­[16] button to select a pattern. Pattern groups are in pairs of 1/2, 3/4, 5/6, and 7/8, and these groups alternate each time you press the [PATTERN GROUP] button. Playing patterns consecutively When selecting a pattern, you can select multiple patterns by pressing two buttons at the same time. The patterns youā€™ve selected will play consecutively. The currently-playing pattern blinks. 1. Press the [RUN/STOP] button to play/stop a pattern.
Adjusting the Tempo In pattern play mode, the display shows the tempo. 1. Press the [TEMPO] button.
You can see the two digits of the tempo value below the decimal point. 2. Use the [VALUE] knob to adjust the tempo.

Inserting a fill-in

1. During playback, hold down the [MENU] button and press a step [1]Ā­[16] button to select the pattern that you want to insert.
Inserting an intro

1. While stopped, hold down the [MENU] button and press a step [1]Ā­[16] button to select the pattern that you want to insert.

Recording a Pattern (PATTERN WRITE Mode)

Basic Operation

1. Turn the [MODE] knob to set to ā€œPATTERN WRITE.ā€ 2. Use the [PATTERN GROUP] button to select the pattern group (I or II).
3. Use the step [1]Ā­[16] buttons to select a pattern. To select pattern groups 3Ā­8 1. Hold down the [PATTERN GROUP] button and press a step [3]Ā­[8] button to select a group. 2. Keep holding down the [PATTERN GROUP] button and press a step [1]Ā­[16] button to select a pattern. Pattern groups are in pairs of 1/2, 3/4, 5/6, and 7/8, and these groups alternate each time you press the [PATTERN GROUP] button.
4. Use the [INSTRUMENT] knob to select an instrument. 5. Use the [RUN/STOP] button to play the pattern. 6. Use the step [1]Ā­[16] buttons to specify whether an instrument plays or does not play.
Using the [TAP] button to input notes