Roli Seaboard Rise

The Rise 2 with just Equator 2. Playing alone, with multiple examples.

Nine minutes long.

ADDED : Two weeks later, another video. Kind of a no talk tutorial in three and a half minutes.

Looks great. But $1400 to wait 9 months for hardware from a company thatā€™s already gone bankrupt onceā€¦ nah. I would maybe impulse buy if I could have it now

2 Likes

I see that ROLI will be at NAMM 2022, but for meetings only. No doubt they will have things to do with the MIDI Association. They are a corporate member.

They will likely also be negotiating to sign up US retail stores to carry the new Seaboard Rise 2. Weā€™ll see if thatā€™s so and who might sign up. That would be nice because it would allow people to pre-order a Rise 2, without making a pre-payment.

Also there is a new video out, with Allah Rakha Rahman an Indian film composer ( Slumdog Millionaire ), and a record producer. He talks about finding inspiration with the Rise. Very different sort of video promotion. A great opportunity for people here to hate it.

1 Like

Roliā€™s keyboards are fantastic when they work. Their company is run by individuals that I feel are not exactly reliable and whose commitment towards their venture and user base has a bit of a startup mentality (ie we scale and if we fail we fail), which is a little tough considering the ticket size for most of what they sell.

Iā€™m decked out in Roli stuff, I had several Seaboard Blocks (still have one), I own all of their synths (Equator 1 & 2 plus the FXpansion synths)ā€¦their products are always interesting to me, I just donā€™t trust them in their decision making fully (see eg Lumi).

Looks like the Rise 2 is arriving with some early adopters.

Hereā€™s a video with someone ( OBLVYN ) who can really play the thing. I queued it up to a solo where she plays it Continuum-style. You can listen earlier in the video where she lays down the backing.

I see that supply of the Rise 2 has caught up to demand, or very nearly so. The web-site says that orders ship this month.

They are selling, they are up to the thirteenth manufacturing batch, although how many units sold in total is not known. We shall see when they start to sell through retail, if they do, and which retailers may decide to participate.