Rumor: Analog Rytm mk2 also coming

And if the OT is anything to go by, these updates are complete internal transplants into a new box, no new features should be expected tbh. In principle I would absolutely love to update and the backlit buttons really appeal to me, but it’s not worth the hassle and cost of selling and finding more coin for such a small detail, I’m better off just to use a lamp if I can’t see things in the dark. This is for new users and tbh I’m stoked for them. It’s a great time to buy an elektron box :slight_smile:

1 Like

Yes it’s perfectly possible I did make a statement like that. Because I’m younger in elektron machine owner, I started on the late with MD UW MKII, I never imagine this will apply to new series… so I would have made the same statement if I made it I’m sorry too.

Also, if USB is enhanced and some other things for the better… I start to think there’s goodies to come from it… and when it comes we probably say … wow that’s so nice :slight_smile: anyway as I started to come back to OT, DT and A4 again… I’m glad I will make this come back to MKII version. So I will not judge my actions to sold it too harsh on me (few month ago)… and I will stay positive and keep in mind that I upgraded to MKII rather think I loose money to search for better witch ended on nothing better than those Elektron Machine.

(Financial research for Familial problem on the side… and not necessarily linked to it)

1 Like

In all fairness, I do not recall improved USB for ob being mentioned anywhere (even the announcements for other mk II’s are yet to come), but it would be an obvious “minor” upgrade, kinda like the bal ins on the OT mk II IMO. So let’s hope better ob operation is a priority for elektron.

Wouldn’t just throwing a USB 3 port on all the new revisions solve all the USB bandwidth bottleneck problems?
Seems that should be the first thing they should upgrade?

No, the bottleneck is not the fault of USB 2, more that the Analog devices run it at only 12Mbps (Full-speed rather than the full 480Mbps) due to noise concerns.

3 Likes

I see. How do you get around that limitation?

You build a better circuit with OB in mind. Total speculation here but my guess is the original design spec didn’t factor in streaming audio waves hands

You need to isolate unwanted signals from the USB port from the audble signalpath (circuit design?)

1 Like

Lets hope that would be the intention, and not just upgrading the screen, knobs and buttons to get up to par with their most accessible entry instruments.

In other words a huge job to implement I presume?
Personally that was maybe the most annoying thing for me with OB.
Hitting that bloody bandwidth limit when trying to activate all the seperate channels in OB is not ideal.

it was mentioned by some nauts… speculation because not by officials. of course. I just mention it as hey if it is … I should upgrade to mkII … anyway. We’ll see soon what’s inside

These mk I prizes are crzy! I’m jealous of anyone copping an AR right now… But also happy for them

6 Likes

Im not happy, just jealous.

3 Likes

It says $799 NEW on the main menu of reverb, but when you click on it, the next page states the 8 units are USED.

1 Like

Can you break this down a little bit more, I;m still unclear what you’re explaining, but I am very curious.

Well it’s out, wish they had a trade-in policy.

The real news is out; the rumour is done. Please post your thoughts in the applicable new topics.

1 Like

so much for this, oh well!

Guess i wasn’t full of shit afterall :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

That wasn’t a phrase that came up from me - but you’ll see from my other posts I was quickly signed up

You’ll see from the current reactions why I was just being cautious and checking, there’s nothing quite like a new product to get the emotions flowing on here

so you can forgive me if I forgive the misquoting :wink:

2 Likes