RYTM Questions before buying

Hi,

Ive been making music for 10years now. Since 6 years professionally, mainly hiphop.
Since a few months it is very difficult to get inspired so Ive bought some new gear to get me motivated and I would like to step away from the computer and start some ideas on a machine.

I don’t need to chop samples because my samples are chopped and ready to be imported so the OT is not necessary I guess. What I like about the Rytm is the analogue sound, engines and the less steep learning curve. But I would like to know:

• is it possible to start a drum pattern on rytm and continue on ableton for the rest?
  • possible to load a sample a few times and change the starting point to simulate chopping(just in case)?
  • possible to bounce tracks to a daw for further arrangement?

Thanks!!

I’m not sure I understand the question. I mean if you have Ableton clocking, just hit play and be on your way.[quote=“mikeO, post:1, topic:30792”]
possible to load a sample a few times and change the starting point to simulate chopping(just in case)?
[/quote]

It’s nowhere near as precise as Ableton/MPC/Octatrack. The underlying idea of the AR is to layer drums: the synthesis with one-hit samples. You can certainly mangle samples with it, but not start a sample on an exact spot (without some serious effort, anyway). One work around might be sample chains, where multiple samples are laid out grid-wise in a DAW, and choosing a start point on the AR plays that specific sample. You could chop your sample into a sample chain? [quote=“mikeO, post:1, topic:30792”]
possible to bounce tracks to a daw for further arrangement?
[/quote]

That’s the whole point behind Overbridge. Plus you have individual outs (which are pre-fx).

it can play the samples …

If you got samples chopped, it’s a breeze with the SDS drop app, <totally worth it!
You can “chop” samples using the start and end points, but I find it much easier to do so in Live, and simply use SDS drop.
Still though, you can get a nice rough idea of chopping a loop using just the RYTM.
If you make hip hop, your gonna LOVE IT.
The RYTM is a hip hop assassin.

thanks for all the answers! I just ordered rytm and ot, will test them both and keep one or maybe both…
Great forum btw.!

Good luck choosing. I have that duo. Extremely satisfying. IMO, and especially considering hiphop, its all one really needs.

OH SHIT, if you got both, just keep em.
The illest combo ever.
I see an A4 in your future.

haha i don’t think so just bought moog sub 37 got nord lead a1 and motif xf8. So synth wise Im good :slight_smile: and i don’t want wifey to divorce me :stuck_out_tongue:

The OT will do all the chopping you desire. And mangling too.

Take a look at the pattern transition trick when you pair the OT with the rhythm. It feels like a lot of steps but as with all things elektron, it’s worth it and it becomes natural eventually. One thing though, the metaphors and key strokes are different enough (thinking parts and pattern layout here) that taking them both on sconce is a lot.

Just sample them and throw them into the OT. It’ll be fine and your wife will thank you for once.