Sample Chains on MD?

having good results with Amen-Break autojungle & other drumloops.

but also, short chains of 4 or 8 one-shots work well…
recording a chain via RAM machine, then slice&dice…

i don’t have an OT and am not really familiar with that sample-chain concept, but it works very well… basically storing a mini-drumkit in a sample :slight_smile:

what’s cool is that you can pitch the individual hits without messing up timing.
also, you can change the MD master tempo and the sliced stuff stays synced.

2 Likes

updated the app with the following functionality:

• can now optionally auto-save the current Kit. This is a workaround for the MD-behaviour of reloading the kit when receiving a pattern, so you don’t have to save it manually if you make a tweak.

• has an option for locking the pitch-parameter of all generated trigs to the value that’s currently in the kit. this only works when kit-auto-save is enabled.

CloudApp

1 Like

This is a fantastic idea!

I don’t have Mavericks installed yet, so I can’t give it a shot. I’m seriously considering upgrading just for this.

I can’t wait to try it!

Damn, must have missed it was only for Mavericks. I’m still on ML and don’t plan to update any time soon, since Live 8 is buggy on 10.9 from what I understand. Bummer. If it is compatible with any previous versions at some point, I’m all in.

dunno, there is something in my framework code which seems to make my stuff fail to run on older OSX versions… hard to find out sans an older Mac to properly debug this.

here’s a build which should run on 10.7:
CloudApp

can anyone try? if it fails, can you send me the log?
(open /Applications/Utilities/Console.app, there should be some info in there)

1 Like

Yes, I’m very interested in this kind of thing. I just downloaded and will get to playing with it in the next few days.
Thanks for taking the time to make it available.

wow, awesome!!

will be trying this and let u know how it goes

1 Like

Cheers Void :slight_smile:

1 Like

got this going! this is awesome!

1 Like

bizzump! Haha totally forgot about this

1 Like

Haven’t ever tried this since I was on 10.6.8 at that period-----now I’m on 10.8.5…any chance this would work?

Thanks a lot

dunno… I don’t even have an MDUW anymore, but try the updated link above which says it should work on 10.7?

2 Likes