Season - A game about Field Recording

19 Likes

Looks fabulous.

3 Likes

My son was set on getting an Xbox. Might have to persuade him otherwise.

3 Likes

This looks cool.

1 Like

Is it out yet? Can’t find any info. My gf would love this!

1 Like

That’s awesome

1 Like

Looks like it’s not out yet. No release date given.

I love those walking simulator. Are there alternatives for Xbox or Nintendo Switch?

1 Like

Looks beautiful!

The premise reminds me of Yokohama Kaidashi Kikou

4 Likes

Holy smokes that looks amazing. I am not sure I can handle those level of feels in my current state, but bookmarking this one to check out!

1 Like

That’s COOL

Not to overreact… It’s probably fun… But I do feel a bit sad about the idea of staying inside playing a game about being outside recording stuff

8 Likes

Good point ^^
Might be a game that actually pushes the player to grab a recorder and get outside!

4 Likes

Good point ^^

4 Likes

from Imgflip Meme Generator

5 Likes

:laughing::ok_hand:

1 Like

I’m reading a book - “Psalm for the Wild-Built” (sci-fi solarpunk) - and there is a scene in it where a character accesses the sound of an insect that hasn’t been heard in ages. Definitely got a little misty eyed.

I think @LyingDalai is right. I think while BOTW made me appreciate what we have even more, this will encourage a lot of people to listen more sincerely.

1 Like

This makes me wonder if this kind of thing can be added to google maps! As a user you can upload pictures to spots on the map, would be fun to let users be able to upload field recordings too. A preview on the sound of a place and bonus impulse responses of buildings, caves and whatever.

1 Like

Is this the same as taking snapshots of your kills in Red Dead Redemption?

1 Like

…sound pretty appealing…to me…at least…
for a bigger peer group…not so sure…

but is this ps5 only…?

if it runs on ps4 also…my son get’s this for his birthday…if not…sorry…but no ps5 for him this x mas…

1 Like

True!

though I must say that I’m really digging these “mindful” games like this (and Everwild). It puts the player in a way calmer state than CoD as the other extreme.

If the player starts to appreciate the game world more, I think the idea is that it will translate to the real world as well.

2 Likes