Seinfeld talk

There is nothing finer than eating in your diner.

1 Like

Yes!!! This. I was just about to share this…or the dance…:dancer::joy:

I wanna add the chicken shop opening with the neon red sign and Jerry and Kramer swapping flats, Jerry getting all crazy.

Always like frogger, Georges high-score.

“Make a wish” :wave::lobster:

2 Likes

Especially before visiting the bubble boy…

5 Likes

Did you just double-dipped that chip?

2 Likes

3 Likes

I always thought the name is Fartman.

Instead of making music

3 Likes

Seinfeld still holds up so well for the most part. But I have noticed fewer and fewer people getting the references. Last year someone gave my wife a crappy birthday gift (something totally regifted), and I said ‘oh a label baby jr.’ and everyone at the party just looked at me with blank faces like I was a crazy person (aside from my wife of course :slight_smile: )…

4 Likes

God the body language in this was amazing. They are both SO good.
Kramer’s “revelation” that he’s been living in squalor, in the shadows, perfectly nails the way addicts are trying to convince others that they’ve had a breakthrough - while they’re really trying to convince themselves. Reminds me a bit of:

3 Likes

we’ve been watching Curb Your Enthusiasm from the beginning lately. just finished season seven last night, where there’s a Seinfeld reunion written/rehearsed/filmed in several episodes. so funny to see those characters about 11 years later, and to see the same sort of interactions between them.

1 Like

There’s a lot of narratives in 2023 (and rhyming throughout history) that rely exclusively on “The Card Says Moops!” level logic.

1 Like

When Frank puts a billiards room in his house. Kramer and the maestro are over and they are playing pool with their pants off because of the maestro’s secret to keeping a perfect crease in their pants. The maestro is passionately conducting an epic piece of music when Estelle walks in on them all. Beautiful sequence! Haha

4 Likes

Peterman and Puddy are my faves too. And George’s parents. Gotta love the peripheral comedy chops.

FYI, Patrick Warburton (Puddy) is the star of an incredible but rarely seen late-90s film noir/character study/dry comedy called ‘The Woman Chaser’, where he plays a very charming, toxic asshole who wants to make a film. I recommend it highly:

Back on topic, my favourite Seinfeld plot is probably The Opposite (not that we ever watched it for the plots).

Also, fun fact: George’s girlfriend who’s a lady version of Jerry, which gives him some weird feelings, is Ricky Nelson’s real-life daughter.

I got into trouble years ago with an acquaintance because he never saw Curb Your Enthusiasm and I think smoked too much weed to the point that he was very edgy, over me often commenting that “I have a tickle in my anus” but in hindsight well I guess I should of known better… I’ve also had a few awkward encounters over “analrapist” ala Arrested Development. To my defense I’ve stopped such shenanigans years ago but the urge is still there.

2 Likes

ANUSTART

Legendary license plate.

2 Likes

Kramer’s bootlegger “friend” bringing a gun to the movies.

Oh my lord. So many good moments.
Seinfeld is my favorite show of all time. Next to maybe Succession.

ASSMAN too!

1 Like

Sounds like the perfect chiildhood!

1 Like

This was the one I was going to mention. I have watched every episode multiple times and this one always cracked me up so hard due to the absurdity of it. Just had Larry David’s fingerprints all over it.

Also the Chinese theater episode was incredibly written. How everything ties together is genius.

1 Like
4 Likes