Send & receive sysex commands?

Midi commands for sending and receiving sysex data from the synth’s edit buffer seem to be not implemented… This is very disappointing. We’re talking about basic modern midi functionality here. Elektron, please implement this…

wrong.

While there is no official documentation of SysEx functionality that I am aware of, the AF is SysEx capable.

You might like to examine what has been published online by certain intrepid developers; for example, here: https://github.com/jpenca

If you want to communicate directly with Elektron, you should create a support ticket via their website. There is no guarantee that anyone at Elektron will read this thread.

Ask Elektron and ye shall not be given ! Unless, perhaps, you are the illustrious developer in our midsts.
It’s not basic functionality, it would be a right PITA for them to document this, especially with the shifting sands - besides it’s not sent back in plain readable form - I reckon that’s partly why they’re usually guarded about it - maybe this will change once OB settles down
As peter says - this is a user forum and definitely not the forum to ask on !

I am not asking for sysex documentation. Is it possible to send a sysex request to A4 and get (and send back) the sound’s edit buffer automatically, without touching the synth ? Someone said wrong. Is it possible or not ?

You have to ask Elektron directly. There’s no more to be said from here i’m afraid.

I believe it is possible, although I cannot verify it myself because I don’t own an Analog Four/Keys.

I imagine that someone said “wrong” in response to your observation in the original post:

Midi commands for sending and receiving sysex data from the synth’s edit buffer seem to be not implemented.

How much experimentation have you done with the AF’s SysEx implementation? I would be eager to find out more about it.