Sequential Take 5 five voice poly

Midi Thru is the most important thing to see here. Not even the Prophet-600 had that, ironically enough.

3 Likes

Still no price?

Scroll up 2 posts. The leak had 1074€ on it.

1 Like

Lol thnx! That price is liveable!

1 Like

Ah, thx! Interesting…An SE version (more keys/features) would make sense for a poly, but I‘m no DSI expert at all. :slight_smile:

Pro 3 SE was a first (in recent years) but modules are very common (but no module for the pro2/pro3 series…) so hard to tell which one it might be! I’d rather have a small module and plug my rev2. even though they added this rather clever octave split, the actual keyboard seems really limiting for a poly. Well, I’m no pianist so it’s still 43 more keys than I can really handle haha

2 Likes

I went from i don’t like it to i am going to buy it if it sounds good :rofl:
i wonder how is the tactile expirience of pro 3…? Are the knobs nice ?

I went from nah to I suppose but then you lot showed up and went really? so now I’m more like never.

2 Likes

Price is only as good as resale value. It may be cheap compared to xxxx, but still may depreciate badly.

Hope it doesn’t sound like pro 3.

It wont sound original. Thats for sure.

That’s the last thing I think about when I’m buying an instrument. Does it sound good to me? Will the interface be fun to jam on and play? Does it fill a need or a hole in my lineup?

I suppose you could wait 10 years until they are discontinued, and prices skyrocket because Thom Yorke farted on one.

3 Likes

the look reminds me of the novation mini nova… yuk

inside good … outside not good

:fury:

I could answer no to 3 of those already.

Well, seeing as you haven’t played it or even heard it, that’s massively presumptuous. Anyway, I don’t get shitting on something that’s not even out yet for the sake of it. And the point about something only being a good price if you can flog it for close to the price you paid is entirely moot. If it does the job for a price that one can afford, then it’s good value. After all, people buy synths to play them, unless they’re just in it for collecting / scalping etc.

4 Likes

Just 40 years of knowledge my friend. Ive had just about every Dave Smith made.

I think at $1100 this will make a lot of people reconsider things like the pro800 clone, which is supposed to be 600. This is way more powerful than the pro800 and is a real deal sequential.

1 Like

i saw a price around 1299,-- . … supposed of course

at amazona.de

but a Prophet 5 filter x 5, seems to be a bargain … could be possible due better production-facilities from Focusrite

2 Likes

Which one is your favourite? :blush: I’m in Prophet 12 camp. Tempest, on strange days.

Good choice. I had the original prophet 10 and loved it being a keyboardist.

1 Like