Share something

Maybe a bit off-topic but I’d like to share something about the favorite creation that I have been a part of, my daughter Ruby. She was diagnosed with autism (PDD-NOS) in 2002 at age three and was basically non-verbal till about seven. The trials and triumphs of parenting someone on the spectrum are what inspired both my wife and I to enter the education field… she works in professional development training ESE teachers and I make individualized visual supports for students with special needs.

So fast forward to today… after graduating high school with honors she started an yearlong internship program at a local hospital, which today had their graduation ceremony, and we found out she has been offered a job in the Human Resources office! So proud of our kiddo.

Those of you with children with special needs, never give up on them. They will never stop surprising you.

!

51 Likes

That’s great, congrats!

I recently listened to this great podcast, which talks about how young blind children are capable of developing into independent persons, and even develop echolocation as a fall in for sight, if only they are not treated as incapable and fragile - even though this over-caring happens with the best intentions.

https://www.npr.org/programs/invisibilia/378577902/how-to-become-batman?t=1559246891680

2 Likes

Achievement unlocked: band photographer

A photo I recently took of Akron Ohio’s Relaxer (the owner of Earthquaker Devices’ band) was borrowed by the band and in the past few days has shown up on the EQD Facebook page and Ghettoblaster Magazine, among other places. I talked with their PR manager today and he is going to credit me going forward, and it will even be used in some PR materials being sent out to 1200 radio stations and publications.

18 Likes

Turns out, today is New Music Monday around my house, as all four of these brilliant albums arrived in my mailbox this morning. Three of them are CD re-issues of some of my favorite solo albums from synthesist/guitarist and Heldon mainman Richard Pinhas, while the fourth is a cassette from Elektron’s own sonic sorcerer (and thread starter) Ess.

It’s going to be a great sounding day around here!

3 Likes

It was a sunny weekend in London and I slowmo filmed this while on the bus. Also added this DT only beat to it. I think it matches the mood pretty well:

7 Likes

excellent!

Brace yourselves for magic @ 6:00 mark

3 Likes

:frowning: no Synthi 100…greatest synth of all time.
Fairlight :+1:t5:
CS-80 :+1:t5:

1 Like

Congratsy !
Btw if the photo is on the internet they have to credit you as copyright owner on the photo :copyright: , unless you surrender it.

1 Like

Yeah, maybe not in the video but im sure it had to be lurking somewhere in there.

Also i was trying to see if i could spot an Elektron device during the drum machine section but wasn’t able too. The camera work wasn’t all that great.
There had to be a machinedrum or monomachine in there rite.
Or maybe one of their devices before that.

Thanks. Yeah, I went ahead and said go ahead and use it. They seemed like really nice people at the show. It was cool waking up and seeing my photo on EQD’s Facebook page.

1 Like

Cool. Did you see Boris play too? If so, did they go fully metal, or atmospheric post metal ambient?
Got any shots to share :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Dude they were amazing! I can’t wait to see them again! They did a nice mix of heavy doom and post-metal ambient. There are a couple of clips and photos on my Instagram.

2 Likes

the glitched screen could work well as album artwork :wink:

1 Like

Awwwwwwwsome :exploding_head:
I just pulled this out.
Gonna have a good evening listening

2 Likes

not quite finished, but getting there now…

9 Likes

Oh man, they are seriously so good. Two of the best shows I’ve seen in a long time are Boris and DMBQ. I saw on the guitarist from Boris’s Instagram page that her friend was opening for DMBQ in Koenji last weekend, but by the time I saw it it was too late to go. Bummed I missed that show.

1 Like

I might settle down to a bit of reading before bed tonight.

2 Likes

Some pics from a recent gig here in Oslo, rocking the digi combo + heat in a local club

4 Likes

Sharing this guy I found on YT.
Great music and skills, he deserves more subs

2 Likes