So, what do you do?

Studied Fine Art Painting in college, got into Web Design and from there into Web Development. I now manage a team of Web Developers in an e-commerce company. Also dad to thee girls, husband to one wife and food/home provider to one cat.

2 Likes
2 Likes

Recent escapee of the music industry, now working in fungi conservation and studying horticulture. Very happy for the change as I can now enjoy music as a hobby again!

3 Likes

Whatā€™s the brand?

1 Like

Ditto, Iā€™d like to know that as well. I respect it if @AdamJay prefers to not say. A PM is good too.

Technical program manager at Google. My career has been software-focused; Iā€™ve worked as a developer, manager, software architect, and program manager at various companies, and combined that with writing technical books.

3 Likes

For sureā€¦ I have friends in the industry doing very much the same thing. They love it.

My uncle got me a job working in a restaurant when I was 15ā€¦ I turned around and Iā€™m 39, my son is a junior in high school and Iā€™m finally getting out of working as a cook in restaurants. I just started working for a company that produces cannabis infused gummies and chocolates. Itā€™s pretty different, but draws on skills I learned as a cook, for sure.
But outside of work, which is the most important stuff to me, as far as what I ā€œdoā€, I take naps in hammocks in the sun, tiki enthusiast, ex skateboarder, drummer, psychonaut, recent gardenerā€¦ reader, sleeper.

6 Likes

Anyone golf? I play three times a weekā€¦

Iā€™m a substitute para-educator at a school district in western Washington State.

3 Likes

I no longer work there.
But it was Smoking Goose.

Working as a research assistant for a workplace / design research firm now.

4 Likes

entrepreneur here. I run a small-sized innovation agency in Berlin. As a company, weā€™ve got a few side hustles out there also, one of them being a production company/music label.

5 Likes

Mastering engineer (Grammy Nominated!) for the past 20+ years.

15 Likes

Im a pizza cook, and i hope to be a sound designer for a video game company here in seattle soon.
Iā€™ve been having a difficult time figuring out how to organize my music into a portfolio format.
any tips?

6 Likes

senior Linux system administrator.
managing about 200 machines and 2 juniors :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

5 Likes

Guess! :wink:

6 Likes

Blockquote that personal trainer youā€™ve been looking for might be here

Yes he is :wink:

Network and Firewalls guy.

4 Likes

Frontend devā€¦ in theory, the company is so small that Iā€™m more like a fullstack.

2 Likes

graphics for games :slight_smile:

5 Likes