Something new

Maybe if you’re big fan of that sound. But functions vs price compared to minilogue, monologue, bass station 2… Or thinking 2 of these vs a deepmind. 3 of these vs a dominion one. I know where my money would go…

Analog version of TB-3 with more control. Sounds and looks nice :slight_smile:

1 Like

i think it’s going to be a glitch/granular FX box. why?

glitch: video-glitches in the teaser (maybe we don’t refer the visual glitches to audible ones, as it is a common aesthetic method in most videos. but for me it seems pretty obvious)

granular: flying boxes look to me like sequencer-steps. so they aren’t in line but flying around now. this is a sign of granular for me.

the box will have 8 tracks I guess, which you can access on the bottom line (instead of the sequencer). parameters like granular/glitch-intensitiy is up to you. that’s it (and that’ good!)

i don’t think that it is a reverb box. this will follow later as a standalone like heat.

i’m super excited and like the sound of the teaser. personally, I have the feeling that analog heat and this new box is kind of a reproduction of the sound characteristic made by tim hecker – what I like!

1 Like

Well I dont say I would buy it. I dont know if this thing will bring something new to my set up. But as Toraiz owner I can definatly say that this thing will be well build and will sound fantastic. We will see… I dont like touchkeys so thats a bummer for me. Thats why I dont own any volca anymore.

1 Like

Hmm. Simon said he particularly enjoyed the Bladerunner joke. A clue if I ever saw one! I’d say they were making replicants, but he said the machine didn’t make the music for us.

On a side note, I just learned googling “19 CET local time” worked. I usually never get internet live event times right. :slight_smile:

I hope the elektron box will be something with granular synthesis, instant buy for me

1 Like

Get hype. See you jokers at 7

3 Likes

Yeah pobably well built with a solid sound, like toraiz, but these boxes that don’t have anything new and in a mix just sound 95% like a million others out there just bore the hell out of me :wink: especially when they cost top dollar/pay for the name etc…

1 Like

Granular instabuy for me!

But it does record well on VHS it seems :wink:

1 Like

Dammit, I’m throwing money at the screen already. :persevere:

1 Like

:joy: same same

That silence before the :3lektron: storm…

My hope: something to do with granular & sampling
My Fear: something like Analog Heat but for delay/chorus/flanger/reverb. Analog Wet?

3 Likes

Some of us don’t use Facebook - can you put a link to a non-Live version somewhere else too… like on here please?

6 Likes

I wonder who will be presenting the tonight’s ‘Elektron Show’…
Can you tell us that Simon?

I am hoping on some Dataline action broadcasted on VHS quality! :grin:

I think Cenk will do the presentation. Probably not VHS quality though. :happy:

I’ll check, but I’m not sure if that is possible. Don’t know much about how the Facebook live feeds are handled.

5 Likes

Has no one stated the obvious?

Analog Elektron and Chill

well FB is a very stinky website/company tbqh.
I’m not looking forward to having to install their app to be able to watch the stream. :sob:
will they insert ads?
can it fullscreen?
#FWP

2 Likes

@Ess - can you add to the mystery by letting us know if any one of the wild guesses here is close to the money? Just for a laugh! No need for specifics, that’d ruin the fun!