Sound Pack: Drum Spells & Tone Spells for Syntakt

I have the Syntakt since 358 days (which I know that exact since this video was made on the same day it arrived - my humble beginning on the Syntakt) and it has become the center piece of my setup so I’d say it is definitely more than serious :stuck_out_tongue:

5 Likes

By centrepiece you mean it’s your main sequencing brain? I might have to take a second look at syntakt!

1 Like

Centrepiece in the sense of allowing for complete songs the fastest, making all other synths satellites (and that’s how I arranged them on my stand: Syntakt middle-top, everything else left (A4), right (Digitakt) or below) :wink:

Since the Midi capabilites of Digitakt and Syntakt are identical (as far as I know), I use the Digitakt for sequencing other synths, but of course it could be as well the Syntakt (12 tracks are a lot!)

3 Likes

I like your overall setup and philosophy here. The Digitakt makes the most sense to me as the MIDI sequencer for external gear because of its dedicated MIDI channels. I would be loathe to steal any voices from the Syntakt for that purpose.

One thing (of many) I’m enjoying about both of your packs is going back to some of my older material and retro-fitting sounds with selections from yours. Gives things an entirely different (often “better”) vibe compared to some of my more reserved sound design, and also as a second version of my older pattens, makes for great drops that bring the pain.

1 Like

Hi! The Spells sound massive.
I hope the examples in the corresponding news weren’t heavily post-processed (well if AH was used for it, then it is totally fine)

I don’t have a Syntakt, but there are A4, AR and DN in my setup.
What do you think, how easy will it be to replicate, let’s say, Music Spells track with my devices or is it something only Syntakt is capable of? Thanks

P.S. What I am especially interested in – it’s that DnB (State of Mind, Maldini, Black Sun Empire etc) bass. The rest sounds like it was overloaded and reverbed a lot? AH can do that. But the bass? Never heard that fat supersaw (?) sound on one of Elektron devices

A4 and AR can go crazy.
Here’s for A4.

On AR, don’t hesitate to use samples!
A tiny waveform is sometimes all you need to create a fat oscillator.

Digitone can go extremely hard as well, there are many examples on this forum.
I love the Syntakt and @Jeanne definitely shows how you can push it, but you already have all the tools in your hands! :thup:

3 Likes

Omg, thanks for the youtube channel, instantly subscribed!

2 Likes

Hi, I am the creator of the packs and the demos. There is no post processing whatsoever, it’s all just the stereo-out. Same goes for everything on my channel :wink:

(The way to fat saws on the A4 is using PWM - and both OSCs to taste :wink: )

Also, a Digitone soundpack is around the corner :wink:

8 Likes