Stem splitters, whats the best? Is lalal.ai worth the cost?

Holy crap, that works very well.

I’m going to use for decomposing and analyzing track elements, thanks!

2 Likes

Nice find I’m gonna give that a look👍

1 Like

Stemroller’s also been good for transcription purposes since I’m working on my industrial-funk-metal bass chops.

2 Likes

Id love to hear some funk bass metal chops

2 Likes

Demucs is open source and yields very acceptable results. Took a little while, but I got it to run from my Mac terminal, even the 6 track version.
I think I prefer it to my spectralayers 7.

1 Like

so out of all of these versions hit mix, lalala, steam, etc… all of them how do they rank from best to worst?

1 Like

This one is under development and promises some advanced functionality like feature extraction, pitch and time quantization of stems, batch processing etc. Also open source. Currently it’s a bit difficult to set up, but definitely give it a try if you are familiar with python.

2 Likes

i use demucs locally on my pc

1 Like

I haven’t found any good enough to be worth paying for, certainly.

Have you gone through the process? I may for funses.

1 Like

Yes, it worked on windows but I am still encountering errors on my 2018 intel macbook pro with ventura.

It appears that especially M1&2 users are getting errors with the python modules.

Please let me know how it went!

1 Like

the best one is ripx !

a crypto wallet?

ripx* lol, sorry…
https://hitnmix.com/remix-software/?gclid=CjwKCAjwrdmhBhBBEiwA4Hx5g-tdWdXJoZJnc6bwPv5XktqyZxRXGzkzNOD4sG1kOLXz_qL0n5ah7RoCClIQAvD_BwE

2 Likes

Ah, my fastest proc is a M1 so i’ll check.

1 Like

So I modified the script (replaced all the pyrubberband stuff with pydub, kicked out what I don’t need) and it now a) runs on my mac b) does varispeed/repitching instead of time stretching. Will try to post an audio demo asap.

1 Like