Sticky buttons - any solution?

My Octratrack has to go back too. The encoders are all bad. They go squiggly and bounce the numbers all over the place.

So bizarre.

I tested and compared to my Analog Fours and RYTM and these give a nice increase and decrease in steps. If I turn the Octatrack it’s a blurry number that jumps around like a blur until I stop to see where it lands.

This is depressing.

Wtf is wrong with this company???

I received a new Digitakt from Elektron LA and so far it works well.

Just waiting on a replacement Octatrack MKII and a Digitone.

1 Like

Octatrack MKII replacement arrived today and what a difference on the encoders. Night and day. Clear display of the number and direction.

So both replacements work better than the original items that I received. Both items were defective on my first order.

Take care

1 Like

Glad you receive properly functioning replacements. For a sec there you seemed sure they weren’t gonna send you anything back. Awesome everything worked out.

2 Likes

the guitar pick method of popping it out and replacing it worked like a charm, thank you

I know it’s been a while. Just want to mention the sticky buttons on mine (15 and 7) stayed so I just decided to send it finally in for repair before the 3 years extended warranty of the dealer end. We’ll see.

Wow. You waited a long time for “it to work out”.

Love my Elektron gear though!

Overall it is well made. And it sounds great.

Funnily enough my replacement DT developed a couple of sticky keys a few weeks into use, just like the previous one. Out of warranty now so no repair, it seems like a fairly common problem especially with the 16 trig.

I hope they won’t replace the unit (and don’t think they will). I managed to backup all samples and projects but I could not backup my selfmade “sounds” in the sound browser. There is just no such choice in the sysex-dump menu. Pity.

I have the same sticky buttons problem on AR the trk and 5 from the sequencer stay push and and the worst happened after the return due to a fixed problem with the pads bugs.
I think it’s a problem from panel or the screws parallelism of the buttons.
has anyone tried to open, fix the problem themselves ?

I had the issue on my MD, and I just loosened the face plate screws, realigned the plate better, and that fixed it.

3 Likes

Yes, I’ve done the same thing. I’ve also noticed the newer buttons seem to be sensitive to dust or pet hair getting caught in them. I use a guitar pick to pop them off and clean them from time to time.

2 Likes

After getting it back from the dealer (who had not sent it to elektron but dealt with it on its own - introducing other problems while fixing one) I think this is the way to go. Digitakt is very tidy inside. Few screws, align the plate by some micromillimeters, works.

2 Likes

Just wanted to say “Sticky Buttons” would be a good name for a band. Alt choice - “Sticky Knobs”.