Suggestions for Digitone + drum machine?

TR-6S? I’m finding it pairs up pretty well with the DN.

Sorry, you’re correct. But I won’t want sample based sounds. I’m looking for a percussion synth.

It’s nice, but I’m looking for a percussion synth, not a sample based machine.

The Division Department 01/IV is the one to beat at the moment.

The TR-6S is 2/3 synth I’d say, with ACB modeling, simple FM and sample playback.

2 Likes

I don’t know exactly why, but I want a 100% synth engine. I’m approaching my music like a sculpture out of pure clay. I’m really interested in creating life out of pure artifice.

My Digitone is a great example - everything comes from nothing.

Worth noting other machines I’ve liked the look of:
Tanzbar 2
LXR digital drum synth
Drumbrute impact
Nord drum 1
Moog DFAM

But I think the division dept. is the one I’m going to save for. It’s beautifully simple. Uses the same synth across all 4 channels. I love the challenge it presents. I love the limits it imposes.

3 Likes

Nord Drum 1/2/3. Also when I had Digitone I would run MFB Tanzbär 2 thru DN inputs and it sounded amazing.

Out of that list, pure ground level synthesis machines:
Division department 01/IV
Moog DFAM
Nord Drum 1

Am I missing any other pure synthesis drum synths?

1 Like

It’s not percussion specific but, the A4 does some absolutely killer drums. It’s a compelling package with the CV outs and ability to route audio into it for processing. With the MKII, you would also get a class-compliant sound card. You could plug an iPad into it and use the A4 MKII as a soundcard.

You could likely pickup a used A4 MKI for a decent price (if price is a concern).

Going for this myself :slight_smile:

1 Like

I’m still holding out for a compressor / side chain. This for me would elevate Digitone to godlike status.

1 Like