TERRA by Soma Laboratory

SOMA are great with the new things, but currently there is too much in their catalog… not sure where to focus GAS :slight_smile:

1 Like

Bring back the original Lyra demo style.
Very washed out colour, just an industrial brick of a synth, and Vlads soft deep voice telling you all about it.

The fire twirly trustafarian festival vibe is a total turn off.

Having said that, the product itself is probably brilliant. Doesn’t trigger any GAS for me.

3 Likes

Yeah, that demo was wtf. Somebody went to burningman! Just look for the multi colored tent way on the outskirts of the playa. There’s a lady out there playing dubstep on a log!

6 Likes

Wen Hainbach 9 hour demo?

3 Likes

this is maybe the only soma instrument that’s interested me, possibly because the body is just a block of wood. yes, the video is lame, but it sounds pretty cool.

2 Likes

No harm meant. Just thought the whole idea of a log with knobs on it deserves log style humor. Log

5 Likes

sounds a bit one dimensional in that clip, hopefully a real overview will suggest otherwise

1 Like

it looks like terra builds on this, which seems to be its synth engine.

https://somasynths.com/reflex/

1 Like

Will be interesting to see which get into customers hands first - this or Osmose.

One thing for sure - Soma adverts will always be wacky and weird. It’s part of the Soma brand. Those of us who bought and kept our Soma instruments do not expect Soma to turn into a mainstream brand like Yamaha, catering to more conservative tastes.

A conservative, normal synth advert is not the Soma brand.

1 Like

Looks like great fun!

not sure why y’all are hating on the video. they make weird instruments for weird situations. the costumes and psychedelic visual effects are on par with the sounds and with my use case scenarios of these brilliant machines.

i can’t wait to get a TERRA.

i just had the most profound night with music of my life with the enner, et al. the other night. i felt like the characters in this video for sure

3 Likes

I didn’t get the hate either, the video is just a bit of fun at the end of the day. I did prefer the Enner videos I must say. The one featuring rhythm and percussion was wicked.

I have the Pulsar-23 and the Ether V2 at the minute. Had a Lyra 8 but as beautiful as it is I ended up wanting something more versatile and percussive, hence the Pulsar-23. I have been considering selling mine but I love using all the basic inputs (main, reverb and delay) to process external gear. It just plays so well with other stuff and the bass synth is a little monster with a misleading title…

My next Soma purchase is hopefully gonna be an Enner but can’t find one second hand anywhere. It’s only a matter of time… :smiley:

2 Likes

People on the internet love to complain, simple as that. I’m looking forward to hearing more about this at Superbooth. I want to see Vlad explain how it works and how it is played.

6 Likes

Are you complaiming about people complaining again?

Or is this me complaining about people complaining about people complaining?

:thinking:

4 Likes

tenor

Edit: well, gifs don’t seem to work, then. So…

:exploding_head:

1 Like

I guess it will be the new big thing from Soma.

6 Likes

poor tree…. :frowning:

2 Likes

I guess it’s not from a tree yet, just a prototype :slight_smile: It was kinda like plastic.

Sounds bad ass.

Judging by the light on the wood in the thumbnail above my post…that grain in the specular looks legit. Poor tree.

1 Like