The Behringer era

I may be a cynic, but I doubt Behringer are guilty of anything that would make me not buy one of their products if I really wanted it. Also mankind is doomed anyway. Might as well have some fun while it lasts.

3 Likes

Personally i feel the calls for boycotting are rooted in some kind of naive idealism.

6 Likes

I heard their new factories are even running biodiesel to be more environmentally responsible. It’s amazing but they’re powered by baby fur seal fat. How great is that? :fire:

3 Likes

So In the latest future music they have reviewed the Neutron. In it is a sub article about the 3340 VCO chip. Now I’m not well informed about these things, however it does state in there these are being cloned by Music Group as the original is out of copyright.

It states in the article that Dave Smith and Elektron both use these cloned chips.

Now I don’t have an opinion either way but those taking the moral high ground, it would be interesting at what level cloning is acceptable in their purchases to allow them to keep buying products from a company.

4 Likes

Hi ray ray
Yes it is a little sad that I feel that way ,cause deep down I am a very thoughtful and generous person but ,unfortunately the world is full of piss takers /people traffickers ,thieves murderers child abusers ,scum bags ,you name it they’re all out there,I’ve learned to look after number1 and my immediate family and have basically learned that the media ,news /tv /social media is bad for your mind and if you listen to that shit your views are blinkered .
Anyhow I’m sorry if I upset any of you ,
I’m on holiday in Spain along with my octatrack mk2
Loving it .
:v:️ peace .

4 Likes

The article is wrong. Neither DSI or Elektron uses the 3340 Chip.

Absolutely, and definitely lacking in comprehension when it comes to an understanding of nuance.

1 Like

I picked up a $29 usb audio interface from Behringer, works awesome. No wonder they can’t pay accordingly.

Some detail on the Behringer manufacturing plant in China – granted this video is produced by Behringer corporate. This all was built after the 2015 working conditions strike. There would very likely be non-Behringer manufacturing that supplies “Behringer City”. Three thousand workers at this site.

Mute before viewing – the incidental music is atrocious.

So you’re saying your money isn’t worth anything?

Boycotting can simply mean you won’t spend your money on something.
I can’t imagine a more capitalistic way of applying your ideals.

I’ve used the same one for years for my YouTube and instagram videos, with the CCK and iPhone. It just works.

But I don’t feel good supporting them. I realize I am privileged to even feel this way.
I will soon replace it with a Zoom interface that is $59.

Not entirely sure how you even came to your conclusion there as I said nothing of the sort.

But if you want to really talk about how you feel that your money has value, go ahead. Though, quite comically, I think this might even still relate to that naive idealism I was referencing, but certainly not what I was intending LOL

Well, you said boycotting is some sort of naive idealism, which makes me think you think that it would be useless to boycott.
I just noted that boycotting a company can definitely work.

Maybe you could actually put an argument forward for why boycotting in a capitalist system is naive idealism?

1 Like

totally off topic (and i wasnt going to post in here , but i’ve already broken that thing).

value and worth … ? … to me aren’t the same.
i heard that a famous fashion brand were burning clothes because if they went on sale in discount stores then it would tarnish their brand.
apparently burning millions of pounds worth of clothing. …

but that would equate worth with the end sale cost , reality is they make a huge markup on the clothing , so that instantly brings down their ‘worth’ … and then if theyre burning them , surely theyre not worth anything .

the thought that cheaper items on sale may impact the brand isnt an actual thing , just a weird perception that something that we think about directly translates to an actual cost. surely burning items to falsely keep the price of items / brand higher is something worth boycotting ? why would anyone want to endorse that (unless of course you’ve already bought into owning their product and hold onto the cost of it as a way to boost your self esteem ?.. i’m not a brain analyst bloke)

anyway… just a thought.
when an item is sold for £300 , is it worth 300 ? , it certainly doesnt cost 300 in terms of making it , and worth may be purely based on your idea of that item , another person will see it as worthless. is the latest celeb endorsement watered perfume worth it and why would you beleive something a celeb endorses anyway… they just follow instructions on where to stand, what to say , pretend to like things , get paid , move onto the next coffee machine/ soap / whatever helps to keep them in work.

i definitely need to get off this forum more.

I said it was rooted in some form of i.e. the reason one would think/decide to. The entire context of this thread is discussing the perceived supposed ethical/moral infractions in regards to certain business entities & it’s practices. I say its idealism is its obviously rooted in one’s own relativistic filter which is shaded by unreasonable/unrealistic self insistent expectations/assumptions of how corporate entities operate both in legal and financial capacities. I say its naive because its adorable how cute & nescient it is to watch this kind of self serving behavior.

< semi related observation> It seems to me some people have difficulties acknowledging that this particular topic (legality versus ethics in the business world, especially in today’s time) can generate some form of cognitive dissonance. That in and of itself presents a recipe for somewhat of ‘hot topic’.

Also, i’d like to point out I never said anything was wrong with it. It ultimately gets shrugged off as “personal choice.” And I structured what I said with enough qualifiers (i.e. ‘personally’, & ‘i feel’) that anyone reasonable person who may have been tempted to be offended in any way by what i said would be able easily ignore it due to the apparent subjective context I put it in. But I guess I’ll try harder next time .

2 Likes

If anything, it seems you have a pretty thick filter of your own. :slight_smile:
You seem to say that consumers have no say whatsoever in how the economy operates and should have no expectation for them to have any. You basically belittle consumers and do not ascribe any sort of power to their actions (or motivation).
And i think this is wrong.
For consumers, the economic transactions they do are the biggest tool to shape the economy. Boycotting makes use of that fact. And i don’t think the only motivation in this case is idealism, never mind naive idealism.
And even if you consider it naive and idealistic you should take it seriously.
Behringer sure does!

I frequent another forum with a particularly gearlusty crowd and Behringer has people there ready to react to any criticism. The Behringer Brigade we call them. Behringer has, in fact, sued about 20 members of that forum for basically stating their feelings.
In that respect, i do think it is more than simple ‘self interest assumptions of how corporate entities operate’.
Behringer are demonstrable litigious ***holes so a pretty clear question rises:
Are we, as a community, willing to give these people any business.
And i don’t think there is anything particularly naive or idealistic in that.

Well, if there is any cognitive dissonance it surely comes from the people knowing what an ***hole company behringer is and yet continue buying their products, don’t you think?
I would say that calling for a boycott is simply trying to resolve this cognitive dissonance.

Well, you kind of do classify it as wrong (or at least, as meaningless or inconsequential) by calling it naive and cute. And that kind of superiority thinking frequently turned out bad for the health of people thinking along these lines.
Louis XIV sure wouldn’t have called the revolt ‘cute’ in hindsight tho he absolutely didn’t take it seriously until his head was rolling off the guillotine. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Man youre really into this topic lol

1 Like

Before one boycotts a niche manufacturer…better boycotts Mass produced meat. Or why buy potatoes from Israel when they are also local produced? Or boycott Car manufacturers that Pest the Air. Volkswagen betrayed their customers for many years. Still recently they Had one of their best sales in History. So calling Out for boycotts for Behringer is the wrong end of starting. Start with the big companies. Stop buying Apple Computer/iPhones. Call for that First. Stop buying Volkswagen cars.

2 Likes

A lot of people sure have a lot of specific ideas for how others should try to live their values.

7 Likes

Yup.

1 Like