The Behringer Gear-in-progress Thread

I want to pair one of these with my Neutron and sequence them both with a Circuit. Feels like it could be a good zen setup.

For that price I’ll get one to double the voices on my actual Moog.

Wonder if their other rack synths will begin dropping in price as chips become more available. For a hot moment I was thinking I could nab a Crave for close to $100, but that didn’t happen.

Indeed Behringer already dropped prices on many of their semi-modulars, and a bunch of other stuff. It’s a long list and still developing.

A Tsynthnami ?

1 Like

Tsynthnami! “Not again!” Said the Mongolians, and Korean navy.

You know, because they tried to invade Japan in 1274 and 1281 but…ah forget it.

2 Likes

“What is the latest shipped ?”, gets asked.

New answer :

Waves the red cape.

ADDED : The thread for this product, was killed, so i’ll put this video here.

1 Like

Strange that a more niche synth like Toro is at the front of the line and Proton is still nowhere to be found! From what I can see Neutron was a big success for them so I would imagine the follow up would be too.

2 Likes

Probably fewer components in play.

quantization so pretty much anyone can play it as well as internal fx

behringer says in the facebook comments that there’s also midi and cv out

it’s very hard to say no to this for $99

3 Likes

Behremin hahaha…

2 Likes

Their naming department is the most creative part of the company :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Apparently it’s out now or very close to being out. Temptation knocks.

1 Like

Supposedly they’re shipping that and the Edge, MS1 MK2, Taurus, and Solina from their Chinese factories now.

And the Pro800 is coming in way under initially suspected at $399…Jesus help me.

4 Likes

The Space FX Eurorack module is on the way now too, at least in pre-order from Thomann.

2 Likes

I think I have way too many FX modules now @Jukka but I will listen on YouTube when it is released :grinning:

Thomann has the Toro on pre order

1 Like

Wonder how it stacks up to the Minitaur.
Maybe we’ll see a Sirin type thing in the future. Or as Ive been hoping Moog does another production run of them. Prices on those have really shot up a bit.

3 Likes

Sirin was one of the first synths I’d heard where I started to understand why people care about analogue synths.
Plus, pretty colors on the panel.

2 Likes

From the Behringer Facebook page :

We have already received over 50,000 orders from our super-partners since the official launch of the Pro-800.

This suggests how Behringer can have the prices they do. Combine their manufacturing capability, along with their strategy to profitability in calculating price and mark-up, as well as things along the way, as for instance their “super-partner” distribution system, means they sell in volume.

Lowering prices can actually mean increased profit, if you do the calculation and strategy correctly.

3 Likes

Absolutely correct. I’m just surprised they lowered it as much as they did. People were already preparing for $600+, and seemed comfortable with that price. They’re skipping a few common corporate economic practices, high MSRP to get those initial demands, then a steadily reduced price to coax those on the fences to purchase. Surprised they went straight to step 2.
Do you know how long the price has been known?

1 Like

They definitely have lowered the price of a long list of their products over time.

We don’t know the future, they may eventually lower the price on the Pro-800 too. I expect they will.

I don’t think it’s so much a marketing scheme, more just the general trend in manufacture of increased efficiency over time. The profit calculation is basically the same, so if your costs go down, then so does the price. Why play games ?

1 Like