The best Roland TB 303 clone?!

like having a brand new TB in a more solid case with a better OS… super solid experience with RE303 here…

3 Likes

maybe nobody has experience with this one, but after seeing the love for the MAM MB33 I’m curious… any opinions on the Technosaurus Microcon? I had one waaaay back in 2004. used to sequence it with an MnM SFX6. they’re rare, but when they do pop up, I generally see them for around $300.

https://www.vintagesynth.com/misc/microcon.php

4 Likes

i’m also happy with the RE. i having the Sonic Potions CPU with the extended sequencer functions.

1 Like

Want a second one, now - in black.
And the first goes to Holland for “a la Devil Fish” mod…

Could be a proper “more SH alike” acid machine…

nice one!

1 Like

Sorry a bit offtopic, but I badly want a Moog small format 3 osc synth, like Minotaur size, but 3 oscs and better modulation… would be killer for moogish acid…

Voyager could be such a nice acid box… not 303 style of course but still…

I think moog lost a lot by not offering “modern take” on minimoog in a real MINI format.

1 Like

this is the Pure Acid app…I wanted to see of you could change progs from the MPC. you can :slight_smile:

it only changes the baseline tho, either the drum pattern has to be done manually, or ive not set it up right, but you can always use another box for drums
just running thru the charger cable. you gotta go into the audio/midi app and on your device click ENABLE

:+1:t6: :+1:t6: :+1:t6:

3 Likes

definitely off topic. but… SE02 might fit what you are looking for.

3 Likes
7 Likes

Yeah came here to say the same thing about the Se-02. It is exactly that- a small mini moog with more modulation possibilities. Sounds great too.

1 Like

oh shit, i forgot about this. i just figured out how to use my MC707 with iPad, so i can assign a channel to iPad app. i mostly use it for FM synth *DEXED, but this be fun too!

1 Like

Well yeah… SE is cool… maybe lacks “mini” wright and moog signature sound… also small knobs… a friend of mine uses a lot… well maybe I should spend more time with it, but I didn’t liked it much… even DFAM is more “acid” in that moog way… SE feels kinds “kold” and “polished”, which itsn’t bad at all but…

of all these that I’ve tried, I kept the TD3. I had an Avalon, and i was just distracted by all the extra things it could do, and it had a defective switch, kind of a pain in the ass.

I gotta say “synth tool” is also better than just about anyone else attempt to integrate 303 with software. It’s not great, but it’s better than anything else i’ve seen…

2 Likes

This is :heartpulse:

To me, it was sort of the opposite. It was hard to get away from that “moog” sound using the Se-02. Even with the modern enhancements to my ears it sounded incredibly moogy, which again isn’t surprising if you look at the architecture.

Best 303 clone I’ve used is the Cyclone TT-303 v2. Have one in my studio now just for acid sounds.

1 Like

i feel the same. I love acid, but it’s not the CORE of my sound. I see some people with like 5 different clones, and wow, i guess people spend their money on worse things, LoL…

2 Likes

rather than use the sequencer on the PA app, I played it in from the MPC. werks super good. wanna slide? just overlap the notes you play. sounds great. I haven’t played with this app for quite some time. forgot…for someone like myself, its good!

I could never afford a 303, let alone should be allowed to have one. this werks get enough to get the vibe across, even if it lacks authenticity.

1 Like

I’m pretty happy with the fact that MAM MB-33 has no sequencer, no bells and whistles and is tiny.

I wouldn’t mind even 1 CC, but I can live with tweaking Cutoff knob live.

2 Likes

I really like the internal sequencer as well. The compose options give nice start points

2 Likes

I wonder, if you got an RE-303, could you add the sequentix midibass kit to it? I ask, as you could control the filter cut off via midi (plus a few other functions if my terrible memory serves). You may need an original cpu though?