The Big Elektronauts Hip-Hop Thread: production tips, sharing our music, feedback and inspiration

Cool, I love this electro vibe.

2 Likes

1 Like

That’s cool !

1 Like

Another freestyle on a DT Beat i just made.

9 Likes

I entered a sample flip challenge hosted by Cookin Soul on his Twitch stream yesterday, and I ended up winning the battle. I made it all in Ableton in maybe 30 minutes, (there was a time limit). It was an insane experience to say the least. :joy: :sweat_smile:

13 Likes

nice, congrats :slight_smile:

1 Like

very nice! I wish I could rap :upside_down_face:

3 Likes

Yes mate, congratulations!

1 Like

These are great man. Something quite cinematic about them. Especially dig the second one :fire:

1 Like

Thank you i really appreciate it! :v:

1 Like

30 minutes! Wow well done!

1 Like

Wow congrats @PineappleDave sounds great! DO you prefer ableton over your MPC now?

Dope tracks @drrumble, I’m bummed I don’t understand french well enough to really get into the lyrics. Your style of beats is so recognisable I think out of all the people here I would recognise your signature sound immediately.

I also like your tracks @philP… they sound very warm and spacious, which is something missing from a lot of hiphop. Kind of a triphop feel on some almost.

4 Likes

The jury is still out. I haven’t touched my MPC for several weeks, but I’m planning to come back and compare the two. Ableton has a LOT going for it though…

1 Like

2 legends calling their legend.

premiers passion is testament to never lose the feelings you felt for when you first got into music.:slight_smile:

5 Likes

Whatsup guys? I’ve released my 4th instrumental album today!

This is the first album I’ve completely made on the Analog Rytm mk2. All tracks are bounces straight from the main outs of the AR, with very little mixing done after recording.

My goal for this album was to completely dive into the AR as a self contained production tool, so all sampling, chopping, sequencing and mixing was done inside the machine, as well as the synth sound which mainly come from either the dual VCO or single cycle waveforms.

I hope you guys like it and I’m curious to hear what you think about the way it sounds!

Shout out to @DimensionsTomorrow for making the coverart!

Peace!

13 Likes

Congrats, man! Really looking forward to a deep listen on this one. Gonna put it on repeat at work tomorrow.

2 Likes

nice, congrats!!

1 Like

Thanks guys!

1 Like

Congrats mate! I’ll definitely be giving this one a listen :fire:

1 Like

Nice work! I could call out a number of favorite moments (the bridge pivot chord of Peace! Pt 2, the arrangement on London, the drums on Saturdays), but Love in particular is a gorgeous track. The sweet choral melody, dirty snare and hats, reverse synths hits, they all blend so well. The biggest vibe for me

1 Like