The Digitakt Feature Request Thread

Now that 1.05 is out … after the update is before the update :yum:

I had hoped so much that the DT would get Audio Thru, just like the DTo, with effect sends. Maybe next year…

2 Likes

Surely it will come with the OS update that comes with OB so that the DT can be used as an interface.

It seems like the machine just needs to understand it as a stereo input when right now it only understands it as a mono sample source.

Yeah, I’m aware of that. With Overbridge you will be able to use the DT as an stereo audio interface. But I want to use the DT as base for a tiny mixerless hardware setup w/o a computer. That’s why I want to use the input as stereo audio thru. Overbridge is no solution for my use case.

I’m saying. One the firmware recognizes the inputs as a stereo source for OB, I don’t see why it wouldn’t be adapted for hardware use as well. In this stage, the inputs are only acknowledged for sampling purposes which is done in mono

1 Like

It seems to be a product policy decision by Elektron. Let’s hope for the best.

all cool, elektron! :tada::tada:
but…

1. three-band eq, please
  2. zoom and cut function on sample how like at record mode, must have

and further…
Friends, please support me, if you too frequently use “big samples”.
I propose promote grid/auto markers set functional like at slicex in fruity loops.
EVERY DAY I spending very much time is for append one sample to 8 pads + set separate first approximate marks start and end.
I believe that this must be automated :expressionless:

2 Likes

It’s still a shame they haven’t allowed tracks 1-16 to be toggled as either sound pad or midi pad… that way we can use it like the Teenage Engineering PO-32 Tonic… maintaining the 8 track polyphony… assign certain pad to cut one another off like a Roger Linn MPC60. If I don’t want to use 8 midi tracks, I should be able to use 4 tracks for MIDI and 4 additional tracks as assignable audio tracks. It just makes perfect sense @Elektron

3 Likes

I’m sure the audio tracks require substantially more of the dsp than the midi tracks do. I’d settle for the ability to map midi tracks to control itself, without having to use a loopback cable

7 Likes

Also… if the pad cuts off its preceding pad, dsp shouldn’t be a factor… they’re not running simultaneously… and the Parameter Locks work for Midi also, so again, should not be an issue… in theory… it just makes sense to allow those vacancies to not go wasted in the creation process.

Ah, should have read closer. True, but I imagine it still has some extra load on the available processing power, but it may be manageable. That would be sick. I think I’d even prefer that to a compressor on the main output, if I had to choose.

1 Like

That’d be equally as interesting. I was hoping for an option to assign midi note number (ie. C3 60) for tracks 9-16, so I can control the digitakt w/ SP1200… but nobody can assist me with this. The SP pads are fixed and cannot be reassigned… changes would have to come from the Digitakt. The Akai S950 uses a keygroup assignment… each sample can be assigned any key you wish in order to trigger (“one shot”) it from keyboard (or drum machine).

No Chain Pattern save… even the PO-32 remembers a full Pattern Chain Assignment (hold down pattern and select 1-16 in any order you wish, for any number of times you wish) after the unit is powered off / sleeping.

Internal master bus compressor would be really helpful.

6 Likes

Lock track!
I don’t know if this feature has been suggested yet, but I think it would be helpful and clever to add a “lock track” switch on the ‘Trig’ page to prevent one (or more) track to be altered when using the TRK key to modify all tracks at the same time. That would enhance this ‘edit all tracks’ function, imho.

13 Likes

oh yea, i’m just going to buy rk-002. it will be useful.

I just got one recently. Want do you plan to do with it ?

play sample-slices on polyphony. it’s beautiful :fire:

imagine the situation when:

1. you a long find nice parametres of sample
  2. copy track to all tracks
    ~. playing polyphony is already beautiful, but you can do better…
  3. … to slightly change each track for more randomization
  4. and now you want to change all the tracks again
  5. ???

we need three ways:

1. hard: qnique parametres changed on global value
  2. soft: qnique parametres changed on +1, +2, +35 etc relatively of global value
  3. permanent: qnique parametres not changed.

I think that function ‘lock track’ must have few modes.

P.S this also applies to notes to record mode

1 Like

:wink:

1 Like

Yup, already saw that polyphony tr, but I wondered if there was something else relevant to my lock track suggestion. :slight_smile:

What I really want to see is a possibility to automate the retrig on/off AND retrig timing. It is a really awful design choice that this is hidden in a non ploggable submenu. At least give both a midi cc address

This is much better done on the octatrack where you can lock these per trig.

4 Likes