The new "very different" Elektron wild speculation thread

agreed.

3 Likes

midgitakt

9 Likes

I wondered what all the play doh was about in the M:S and M:C marketing, suddenly it all makes sense.

18 Likes

An Elektron Tablet Overbridge oriented.

You’ve also described why they’re still in demand and useful in a sea of touchscreens with “vegas mode” and unnecessarily deep and non-intuitive menus.

You don’t have to compete with the Cirklon to be a successful pairing with tone-generators, especially when people who want the Cirklon generally already own one :wink:

1 Like

A usb Breakout Box with physical outputs for Syntakt…

3 Likes

Seriously though honestly I would love to see a collaboration from elektron and someone else but I’m not sure if that’s their thing. They are fairly rigid as far as uniformity across the range

And I said that I don’t see them making a touchscreen based machine.

Yes, current devices are fine instruments. But at the same time I see the increase in number of people complaining that “it’s 202x, Elektron, why are you still don’t have features X, Y, Z”. Also it is why I mentioned Hapax – a generally accepted sentiment that this product is what Elektron should have created themselves.

absolutely no. If I had it my way all music devices would use the same old school style screens. Like old MPCs and such. Ironically I think adding flashy colour graphics and such only stands to prematurely age the device

2 Likes

I’m guessing the rep that told the OP (the one @craig quoted) knew exactly what they were doing.

2 Likes

Fuck the Matrix. We are part of the a marketing machine. And we are worthless

2 Likes

My hypothesis is that current hardware+software UI is at upper limit of it’s expandability. Bringing new features to it will put a strain on workflow and usability. Thus it needs to be redesigned out of necessity. There is no need for cringe RGB puke. High-fidelity information rich displays can be usable and sleek looking.

If it is true, I expect @Ryan to become an invaluable driving force behind this frenzy.

3 Likes

A unisex vibrator that runs at 432 Hz.

6 Likes

That you can use to play Rez

5 Likes

I wouldn’t say no to the hardware getting a kick up the backside in terms of more I/O, more ram, new effects etc but I really think that the UI is bang on. I’ve used a few elektron boxes and a million others and frankly I truly think elektron is the best design on the market today. It’s the right mix of not fixing what isn’t broken but maintaining modernity. Their boxes are gorgeous. It’s a matter of taste of course but they look so good and the layouts just make sense. The last thing they need imo is a flashy corporate revamp. The only aesthetic competitor for me is teenage engineering but we all know their problems (not to divert the conversation). Elektron looks good and has the power behind it

1 Like

I was going to suggest teledildonics, but you’re thinking next level

4 Likes

Okay…now hear me out…

6 Likes

I could tell you, but that would be spoiling the surprise.

3 Likes

:face_with_symbols_over_mouth: