Octatrack MK0

‘PrequelTrack’

1 Like

A see through plastic bag to hold…

Sorry, wrong thread.

4 Likes

Cassette tape recorder

3 Likes

smh right back at you, one idea doesn’t exclude the other. A flagship device for the hardcore fans, sure.

I’m saying what I think is Elektron’s unique strength if they are looking to broaden their market beyond hardcore live performers and dedicated musicians. To me, Elektron is the Happy Accidents company, and that has mass market appeal if they do it right.

1 Like

Interesting. I see Elektron devices as super precise and requiring a lot of mental gymnastics to make things work. For happy (or unhappy) accidents, I’d be more inclined towards Eurorack.

3 Likes

Someone needs to do this, seeing as Tascam won’t pull out their collective finger

I already mentioned this on another thread, but I would love to see an additive synth. I was thinking something in the digitone form factor, where all the machines/ filters/ effects are really just manipulating partials in a sine bank. Combined with Elektron’s sequencer, it would be super cool.
Having an additive resynthesis machine would be very cool too (like found in additive synths like Loom, Harmor, or sort of like the vocoder in Razor)

A new flagship digital synth (like monomachine) would be great too. With modern processors, it could have many more synthesis types (machines), and better sound quality. Maybe they could inclued something like Mutable plaits as a machine type. I like how Syntakt has analog and digital models. If they make a new flagship digital synth, it would be cool if it had options for analog filters and overdrive.

4 Likes

So I was thinking about this and one theory I have, playing off of some others in the thread, is an Overbridge Hub - wait, let me explain.

A hardware box that accepts (6?) Overbridge connections and is able to process them reliably to feed a single ASIO connection and offload some of the burden from the computer. Like an external processor. Would have some minimal functionality for routing, perhaps a matrix of some kind. As an interface it probably also has MIDI I/O and possibly even 2 1/4 jack inputs.

This would be an entry into this product line, with a later product being a more full-featured performance mixer that has the overbridge hub integrated into it, and also supports more connections.

This would help them capitilise on their investment into Overbridge whilst also helping to lock people into their ecosystem.

3 Likes

To me, they definitely involve some initial, quick programming, but the fun lies in just trying things. Twisting knobs while holding down a step (p-lock), randomizing parameter pages, ctrl+all to reach new states, etc.

Sure, a eurorack-inspired device in a portable groovebox format would be really interesting too. I have no experience with eurorack, so to me I just think of random “blip blop” when I hear it, not necessarily musical ideas.

1 Like

Nylon sheets.

2 Likes

The digi/syntakt boxes selling circles around the analogs and octatrack might tell a different story.

Would provide a good counterbalance to the Digitakt, which is more focussed on the sampling.

Effekttakt

Would be like a superpowered Zoom Multi-stomp pedal!

Thing is Elektron (aside from Heat) aren’t really very good at FX. Sure, the reverbs and delays are serviceable but they’re nothing astounding.

2 Likes

Hard disagree. They’re not the “nicest” sounding maybe but they have a unique and rough character that I’d pick over most high end effects any day. Especially the FX on their older boxes.

5 Likes

Think i only used Dark Reverb

Software utilities to expand the possibilities of the existing devices might be interesting.

@sabana are you just looking at things in your house and saying that Elektron should make them?

14 Likes