The Syntakt Ambient thread

Please listen and let me know if this is ambient or not… :thinking:

13 Likes

I figured I would contribute and keep this ambient energy going.
Great sounds in here.

6 Likes

The syntakt really transforms into a great ambient machine with a lush reverb.

9 Likes

Not fully ambient and accompanied by MPC and Typhon but Syntakt has all the main perc parts and some other stuff, prob 70%Syntakt. Using an external ARP is a huge boon🫐. Mebbe ignore where I hit solo instead of mute tho k

4 Likes

Lovely piece!

This is also a great example of how good the analog voices can sound on the ST (esp with copious reverb!). Am I assuming correctly that the opening drone is using dual VCO’s?

Edit: Now that I watched the video carefully, it looks like track 1 is triggered first. Which would mean it’s digital

1 Like

@Gino Thanks a lot !!

Yes … it’s the analog dual VCO´s in fm mode.
Love the sound of the analog side of the syntakt. it’s simple but sounds great.

2 Likes

Agree completely! In fact, so far all I do with the ST is explore making drones with the VCOs :slight_smile:
Sure I could do other things, but it’s so satisfying.

At first I was a bit underwhelmed with the “synth” side of of the ST, but now I can clearly hear that I’m the limitation and not the hardware. I do wish the wave selection for the Dual VCO UI was different, but that’s for another thread :slight_smile:

1 Like

Set myself the challenge of avoiding percussive machines. Leaning on LFOs, delay and percentage triggers a fair bit.

13 Likes

Wow! Some sounds make it hard to believe that it’s all syntakt.

1 Like

Yeah, there was some interesting stuff going on with the FX track LFOs connected to rev pre-delay, but not to any actual tracks.

I must say that this is a Success both musically and visually. My eyes, they didn’t cling at all. The musicality is beautiful, the visuals are amazing (which Software?). :pray:

Thanks @Tchu :slight_smile: Visuals are added using an audiovisualisation track preset with https://www.videosoftdev.com/

1 Like

For me, it’s an efficient Preset. Thanks for sharing!

Hi there! first time posting here and inspired by all the great soundscapes people have crafted I wanted to share my own rainy day exploration. Not sure if it falls into ambient category but I hope you like it! Some EQ + Compression added in Logic but other than that, all Syntakt.

I’ve been dabbling around with a DAW for couple of years. Syntakt is my first piece of hardware and I’m very excited how different the experience is when you are forced to “perform” the music instead of endlessly tweaking things with a mouse.

11 Likes

Absolutely love this! I would’ve been very intrigued if I’d heard this on Groove Salad back in the day :).

1 Like

Now Groove Salad brings back some memories :smile: Thanks!

1 Like

Sunday AM frequencies.

7 Likes

My second track with Syntakt, maybe something in the lines of ambient techno. Hope you like it!

3 Likes

This belongs to this thread.

Syntakt into OTO Boum (light settings)

12 Likes

fantastic work. one of the best syntakt things I’ve heard.

intrigued to know how much the BOUM is doing here… as someone else who does Sytambient (?!) I’ve been interested in it as a possibilty too…

1 Like