The Virus TI2 desktop made me sell all my synths

I’m also thinking of getting a ti2 darkstar, found a good deal. But it’s hard to decide because I’m also thinking of getting a Montage. And can’t get both. You really like the Ti2 that much?

1 Like

You really oughta test one out a bit first if you can. I definitely prefer the form factor.

For me it was TI desktop vs P12, i went to music store to try both, and went with the DSI P12, no regrets, and no lust for the TI. I dont have the feeling the P12 replaces the Analog 4 tough, different sounds and possibilitys.

I love FMs so I’ve never been bias but when I want a rumble on the sub I go full analog all day so much character in the hum

I have mixed emotions about the Curtis filters, but I’ve always wanted to mess with one after the linear FM update.

1 Like
2 Likes

Dave smith for me as far as analog goes … also down the cruel money gobbling path with the modular rabbit hole
I will never forget the day one of my mentors told me don’t do it you will be broke & never finish anything because you are too busy fucking around with beeps and bops lmao

6 Likes

So random I was just watching this yesterday

I would happily give my virus for that one if u get sick of it holla

Never :slight_smile: Its so nice.

1 Like

Agreed I gave up on the software for it within the first month such a mess

Lol well fine

It looks fuckin sick too I must say

Right now, the Peak is the hybrid analog I find most appealing. I admire it, but don’t feel I need it though.

2 Likes

I want that p12 as my paper weight haha
The peak is ugly but great personality

1 Like

Using the Virus TI2 in a live rig, I find the ability to EQ each synth part in the box without the need for a mixer very rad. The EQ sounds really good, and is very effective for me.

3 Likes

I use it live I hate how big it is but that is exactly why I like it too I didn’t use it my last show because carrying it around sucks but I’m def using it again my next 2 shows so much easier with all the controls right there

This one rocks, right on controls.

2 Likes

Just get one of these. This case seems like it would make moving it around really easy. The TI2 desktop is smaller than the OB6 desktop, and I like thinking of the TI2 as 16 synths in 1; and not needing a mixer makes things a lot easier too.

2 Likes

The TI is more versatile than Peak, although what they do the same I prefer the sound of the Peak. It has a bigger, rounder sound than the Virus, no doubt due to its analog path.

1 Like