Thom Yorke

That was my favorite on my first album listen

1 Like

Think he uses the OP-1 on the album possibly as he used it in the live Smile shows :stuck_out_tongue:

Free in the Knowledge is probably my favourite right now. Donā€™t remember the last time a song has made me almost tear up just for being so beautiful.

Pana-vision is a close second (or maybe Skrting on the Surface, so hard to decide!) but like I said, the whole record is just stunning!

Yes itā€™s beautiful. Really hyped with this release.
Love the production too

1 Like

The Smile - Machine Drum cameo

Not sure I hear it on the record. But itā€™s leaning against the wall in the background as if it was recently brought out for some play.

4 Likes

Such an amazing albumā€¦love all of the tracksā€¦

Oh manā€¦ā€œWe Donā€™t Know What Tomorrow Bringsā€ is just solid and deserves to be played as LOUD AS POSSIBLE!!!

13 Tracks on May13th. How Puuurfect!!!

5 Likes

Ah, I should have known you were a man of good taste!

1 Like

ā€œYou Will Never Work in Television Againā€ is the most punkish song Thom and Jonny have ever made (?)

This one is such a great song as well

1 Like

The Smile
Magic :heart: still canā€™t believe I was there, in the same space and time

PS
I didnā€™t get the good shoot of Tom Skinner, it is only fair to give this man a respect, he is killing it! In my opinion this 3 guys are match made in haven.

10 Likes

Absolutely! I love that he noted the additional musicians in his instagram. Horns, and such.

6 Likes

Iā€™m so jealous! Good stuff.

Fabulous album. Everyone is in top form and I love it when bands sound like theyre having a blast playing together. Production is excellent: nice and sparse, leaving space for everyone.

Anyone know what synth is on We Donā€™t Knowā€¦? Warm and buzzing electricity.

3 Likes

In the live shows Thom is playing a Moog Matriarch. Jonny is playing bass guitar but has a foot controller hooked up to a Oberheim SEM-Pro heā€™s layering with it.

5 Likes

Interesting that itā€™s a Moog Matriarch rather than the trusty Prophet 5!

he used a prophet 08 live for many years

1 Like

I stand corrected!

On Monday, it was prophet 5 reissue on the top of el.piano.
And moog matriarch , moog sounded so powerful on big speaker system, and so apocalypticā€¦
I donā€™t remember seeing prophet 8, and i think there was non. But it was there on rehearsals posted on Instagram live videos. Maybe they bought pro 5 just recently. They used very basic sounds (compared to some other material they have done before) , but with loads of character, so I think pro 5 serves them better.

There was acoustic upright piano, and that Waldorf string machine used for strings and vocoding ( paired with moog ). There was some app on laptop, placed above rack of 19" equipment, Skinner had small modular rig. and possible Oberheim sem.
Probable some other staff too.
ah yes, Harp :slight_smile:

I wish you all were there, and if you ever get the chance, go for it.

5 Likes

:fire:

2 Likes