Touch Screen Interfaces, and to a lesser degree, Large Screens

The Great Touchscreen Debate of 2020 :joy: Truly one of the great threads of our time, it’s feeling a little salty in here!

“FUCK SCREENS!”

“NO, FUCK YOU!”

5 Likes

lol!

1 Like

If you read this literally, then it becums very awkward the name it ‘Touch Screens’ :rofl:

1 Like

The ywo things that I don’t dig about touch screens is the lack of the tactile feedback I get with faders and potentiometers. The big one for me though is thinking what happens when that screen eventually dies, or cracks. Some bits of equipment would become completely useless if the screen stopped working, or was damaged. However, that doesn’t stop me from wanting to try various apps, and a Blackbox. I do remember when I first saw Bjork using Reactable and being blown away, wanting one really bad. Now, thanks to apps, the Reactable is old news and looks archaic with whats out there today. I guess what I’m trting to say is I’m conflicted.

I think you could say this about a LOT of equipment.

2 Likes

Moog Source, Roland Alpha Juno, Eventide H9. I’m sure the list is a lot longer but those came to mind first.

Indeed, but unlike a synth with lots of knobs to break off (which isn’t that bad of a repair), I just instinctively see myself pulling it out of a backpack with a crack all through it. Or my kid taking a pencil to it when I’m not looking, you know, that irrational type of stuff. This is just my thought process, more power to those who aren’t in the same boat.

if this is not playing an instrument, then what is it?

2 Likes