Tutorial: Beginner Synthesis with Analog Four

I’m partial to this vid.

6 Likes

Its gone? Anybody knows, if the video is still to be found?

Ah, I’ve deleted that channel, as there simply wasn’t much activity on it these days and the videos were all quite old. Sorry for the confusion.

Drat, I just got an A4 yesterday and it sounds like your vid would have been useful. Is it uploaded anywhere else? Did the two follow-up videos ever materialise?

Alas, no to both questions. though there was some interest, it was never enough to warrant the time and effort involved to follow it up. These days, I am finding that I have less time to do the social media stuff, so haven’t any other outlets where such videos might be hosted, even if I were to make them. When I started, there were few places to turn for learning instruments like the A4/AK, but that really isn’t the case now, so I haven’t felt the need to do more.

Als, I have to say, synth video tutorials became a big part of my ‘day job’, so I am rather less inclined to spend my free time making them.

1 Like

And this is why I use clipgrab on nearly every video I enjoy.

3 Likes

Ha, totally understood.

Thanks for the quick reply anyway.

Due to a few requests, I’ve just re-uploaded this as an unlisted video. It’s woefully out-of-date, and I never followed up with any new ones due to lack of interest on the part of viewers - and myself (due to my “day job” involving so, so many synth tutorial videos).

It’s an old A4, and an old version of Overbridge. Still, it might be useful to some.

8 Likes

Thanks! I was sad when I bought an old A4 and couldn’t see this. Looking forward to it!

1 Like

The basics that you covered, I already knew. But you explained them quite well; it was properly structured and paced. I learned things about the A4 and MiniMoog, and about Overbridge (which is quite underdocumented, to my taste). Are your “day job” synth tutorials accessible?

1 Like

I’m trying to take a bit of a break from it at the moment, but I’ve done multiple tutorials and articles for every issue of Computer Music magazine for nearly two decades. I think my last ones ran in the previous issue. Loads of print and video walkthroughs.

3 Likes

I relied on the MusicRadar site a lot when bringing myself up to speed and acquiring gear recently. I’ve definitely read some of your articles, but I’m not sure I’ve seen any other videos. Possibly. There have been so many videos…

1 Like

You’re telling me… :flushed:

2 Likes

Still relevant for us with Mk1s. Glad to see it back it’s a great reference video.

2 Likes

Great info Scot! Thanks for sharing. Did you finally do any other similar videos to this one? I couldn’t see any more ones are Nd your channel :confused:

1 Like

Nope, I’m afraid not. My then-day job involved making music tutorials - a lot of music tutorials, which resulted in less enthusiasm for doing them in my free time. And in fact, I pulled my original Youtube channel and all of its content. I only re-uploaded this one for the benefit of this thread.

4 Likes

No worries, thanks a lot for sharing :slight_smile:

1 Like

This is great, don’t know why I never saw it before, very comprehensive, superb!

1 Like

Thanks. A lot has changed since I made it (MkII, revamped Overbridge, and countless firmware updates. Hopefully it’s still useful.

Yes still relevant, funny seeing the old OB UI again though, I never used it back when I got my mk1.

1 Like