Using cv/gates in overbridge

So I saw on the overbridge screenshot that they had a cv tab so Im assuming all that is going to be available via overbridge. I wonder if it could also mean the spare i/o could be used for additional cv i/o?
Also this should make complicated setups and sequences a lot easier to manage it looks like

Test

no one?

What “spare i/o”?

Good point!
Hadn’t thought about this. Do we know if the L & R outputs on the A4 are DC coupled? If so, there is no reason that we shouldn’t be able to use them as extra CV outs as long as the firmware allows it. That would be great. Could always do with more CV outs!

I was also wondering what the flexibility of using the main outs would be when using overbridge. Say for example, you wanted to run 3 tracks through the daw over usb, could you then send the 4th track for external processing from the main outs?
It would certainly be a shame to have 2 perfectly healthy output jacks going to waste!

I think he means if you are sending audio over usb, the main outs will be going spare.

Didnt it look really odd when there was JUST a USB cable and all that i/o (In and out) just sat there.
Yes if its dc coupled there shouldnt be any reason they cant be used for cv duties. OBviously its all digitally controlled so it would need to be doable via the OS. The AK is primarily a CV sequencer for me so im super interested in this
Theyre touting the fact that you can use it AS an interface so this is why I ask

i think there’s zero.point.zero chance of this happening, but it’s just dawned on me that it may be possible to do the CV programming in Max now, I have a MOTU Ultralite which is good for +/- 4ish v, so i don’t see why it wouldn’t be possible to use the A4 too and get 10V cv to play with

sorry to dash your hopes, but it just won’t happen, i think the tab in the screenshot will offer assignments and maybe sequencing, but the physical i/o will not be freed up, it will mirror the stuff going through the filters etc - i.e. usual oscillator stuff or material through usb which will then go thru fx

I think he means if you are sending audio over usb, the main outs will be going spare.[/quote]
Ah, right. No that won’t happen. I’m pretty sure that the signal path from the four voices to the main outputs is part of the “hardwired” analog circuitry so there’s simply no way to send some other signal out.

I think he means if you are sending audio over usb, the main outs will be going spare.[/quote]
Ah, right. No that won’t happen. I’m pretty sure that the signal path from the four voices to the main outputs is part of the “hardwired” analog circuitry so there’s simply no way to send some other signal out.[/quote]
I agree that I think it is unlikely that this will be an option.
Clearly, however, you can selectively send portions of a track through the internal ADC (ie. down the effects chain), before it rejoins the remaining outputs at the main out. I don’t therefore see why with firmware you couldn’t selectively send portions of a track over usb, and some to the main outs.
Wishful thinking.