Warning about ordering from DV247 in the UK

I feel for vendors because it’s hard to keep up with all the bizarre ways of The Brexit, it’s a confused moving target from start to finish, with no straight answers, and probably will be forever.

1 Like

Yup, MyVolts has some appealing products, but they lack transparency.

Also, I left a 3 star Trust pilot review highlighting this, in June 2021, and in Feb 2023 they replied with:

We say it clearly in our Support section and in the Shipping Policy that our central warehouse is located in the Netherlands. Still, there are no customs charges for orders sent to the UK if their value is less than GBP 135. We can’t check and confirm or deny if this order was shipped timely as RustyRoses did not respond to our request to get in touch that we sent via TrustPilot.

So I have now updated the review with:

Edit: I don’t scour shipping sections of UK Websites just to check if they are actually shipping things from Narnia - if its a UK website, only a paranoid person would go looking for reasons for their items to come from anywhere else.

Also, I posted this June 2021, it took til Feb 2023 for them to reply to this review. This is the sort of response time you can expect from their customer services.

Score dropped to 2 stars for trying to make ME look like the un-savvy shopper

5 Likes

Hilarious.

2 Likes

I bought an Alpha Base from DV247 last year which I sent back to them within the month grace period and it was shipped from their warehouse in Cologne, Germany but I didn’t have any import duties to pay. I guess it’s the luck of the draw how these things turn out.

I have also bought from them before without issue- but now I have an issue I really don’t like the way they are not refunding me because ‘they’ cant trace it via UPS…like it’s my fault!

Ironically if you order from Thomann who say quite clearly they are based in Germany then you don’t pay any extra charges and it gets to you on time.

2 Likes

Thomann includes VAT and import duties in the price they show you, and handles all the necessary paperwork. Definitely a very smooth process with them.

1 Like

Any overseas company can theoretically do this, but it obviously requires some admin and integration into UK tax computer systems, so it is not feasible for smaller companies or companies that don’t do a lot of business with UK customers.

Has anyone a story to tell about returning goods to Germany bought from DV24/7 U.K.?
I tried to stop despatch when I realised but long story short I can return it, have all the paperwork etc but it’s the best part of 2k and I don’t like the idea of sending it back via standard parcel service (which is requisite, no option for different method)…
So either sleepless nights waiting for a 2k slab to trek it’s way across the planet or swallow it whole, and batter myself for months over such a foolish mistake…:dizzy_face:‍:dizzy:

Edit, all import/export duty covered by DV (so far anyways :sweat_smile:)

I am in EU and ordered in January 2022 from a website advertising as being from my country. After not being told delivery could take a month, i waited and fot notified of it. Did not happen.
The shop appeared finally to be abroad and i was sent back and forth between them and the italian manufacturer.
After 3 other non happening deliveries, i shook the coconut and started to leave bad reviews, opening threads on forums and contacted a european platform. Got contacted very soon after.
They proposed a refund but the whole gear had gone up 30% more in the meantime and i just replied i wanted my delivery to happen. Finally got delivered in May.

Just in case anyone is interested, DV247 never refunded me the extra tax/delivery I was charged, I won’t order from them again and I recommend avoiding them if you are in the UK…

3 Likes