What's playing at your funeral?

Nothing, for I will never die.

4 Likes

I think it’s only fair that my family gets to decide the music after I’m gone for I’ve decided so much of the music when I’ve been around.

6 Likes

No doubt

6 Likes

Sure you don’t wanna have this track playing in your last minutes till the last breath? New topic?

Is this a trick question?

Funeralopolis.

Obviously.

2 Likes

Max Richter

Hania Rani

Heiko Laux

Nils Frahm

Martyne Heyne

7 Likes

John Cage’s 4’33

1 Like

All end

1 Like

+1 for my catalogue. However, since most of my family doesn’t really pay attention to what I’m making, my guess is I would have one issue or another with whatever they try and comfort themselves with. Good thing I won’t be around to see it, unless I decide to haunt them. And you better believe if they mess up my funeral and I catch wind of that I’m not going to be a friendly ghost.

Tombstone will read “His snares were shit.”

2 Likes

Carried in my best mate and my brother to King so has to be at mine…

Last dying breaths track would be this:

2 Likes

But do I want to be resurrected? Let’s see what happens in the next 20 years or so.

1 Like

A friend of mine, sure. He wanted to mix his ashes in a sangria cocktail for his funeral. :tropical_drink::wine_glass:

2 Likes

Probably skip the intro for the funeral but this

Maybe this

Then start the after funeral party with this

6 Likes

I cannot confirm or deny that I may or may not have done an event that was both live and streamed, and the streamed to crowd only got Darude’s Sandstorm on loop…

2 Likes
2 Likes

With a good lawyer, ask for compensation and it’s a jackpot.

There’s this great compilation album where they asked the same question from a bunch of famous producers and djs. I love that album and most of the choices made by the artists. I always think that this music would be very appropriate for my funeral too. Maybe with some added Theme From Escape From New York or something.

I’ve been waiting for years for them to release a sequel for this compilation. I guess it never sold enough copies to warrant that.

5 Likes

If I request a gathering for anyone other than immediate family, I’d ask for Music for Airports 1/1 going in, followed by 2/2 as people leave.

1 Like