Which MPC?

I really like my MPC One. I find using it stand alone with my gear to be a really great experience.

That being said when, when i need to do more detailed work connecting it to my MacBook Pro with the MPC Software is also a great pairing. I use the MPC software as a dedicated app or as a plugin within Ableton.

1 Like

If you have the space I would wait for the rumored MPC XL.

https://www.mpc-forums.com/viewtopic.php?f=48&t=215530

NAMM 2023 is near. Attend The 2023 NAMM Show

1 Like

Yeah even if you don’t spring for the new line of MPCs it makes sense to wait because the One/Live 2 will get marked down and you’ll have a lot more options on the second hand market.

Assuming Live 2 will still be supported I might go for that if it gets a good discount.

How do you like the S2400, btw?

Itt is possible that akai is also filling in holes in their lineup, and are not planning on replacing anything, just giving us more options. I’m not quite sure that the one and live will have a big price drop, you can also find them at a great price used already. We know they are bringing streaming soonish so the 4gb is not biggest deal in the world.

1 Like

I hope! This has been rumored since the new MPCs were released.

1 Like

I have an MPC Live 2 Retro and I sold a JJoS MPC2500.

I was very quick on the 2500, but its lack of simple modern effects took its toll. I had to use it with a Ableton, to correct my samples (warping), which also became a drag.

I loving using it on the battery around the home, its fast, intuitive and the wonderful ability to add effects to every single pad (sample) was a game changer for me. Easy to complete tracks on it, I just hook it up to my monitors and mix without a desk or tracking out.

I also use the SP404mk2, but the sequencer is pretty lacking. I prefer using it for DJing, but it works very well as an accompanying the MPC Live 2 especially when the effects are midi clocked.

8 Likes

The S2400 is really nice :ok_hand:t2:
The sequencer is fine for making grooves, (screen is small for my bad eyesight).
I love to sample 12"" disco/80s thru some Heat :heat:

1 Like