Who is the Bob Dylan of the Electronic Music world?

Wat?

I’m very in control of my own feelings.
My own feelings just happen to be that Bob Dylan is shit.

Fuck me, I’m being psychoanalysed now for not liking Bob Dylan and pointing out that, in my experience, a lot of Bob Dylan fans are knobheads.

5 Likes

No - you hate Bob Dylan even more, because annoying people lectured you about him. Or at least, that’s how I understood it? Why would you care about their ‘lectures’?

Alright, I’ll put it another way.

It’s hard to like an artist when so many of their fans are knobheads.

Also, I don’t hate Bob Dylan, I think his music is shit.

4 Likes

I would care very much if Someone gave me a lecture why their boring favourite artist is the best thing ever. Our time on this earth is limited you know.

Do I need therapy?

3 Likes

Does anyone?

1 Like

Who mentioned therapy? And of course you can care, but to the point of anger towards the artist they like? I don’t get it.

I’m not angry, I just don’t like Dylan’s music, or his fans that have a superiority complex.

3 Likes

And you kinda suggested there’s something wrong with me emotionally because I voiced an opinion.

4 Likes

The reason I wrote, that I mean it in a positive way, was to avoid ‘there is something wrong with you’, and move it to ‘here is a tip, I enjoy myself’, which is: I don’t care what other people think of things I like.

Whatever.

3 Likes

Always wear sunscreen. Remember to stretch. Tell your mother you love her.

3 Likes

Leave Martha out of it.

5 Likes

So much latent aggression in here.

3 Likes

Hah, just shooting the breeze man. No aggression, its all good.

1 Like

Because Bjork.
She is an amazing producer completely on her own.
Everytime she worked with someone else it was “bjorks new album produced by insert name of male collaborator here” which was just bollocks.
I feel she gets at least some of that recognition now, but for a long time the hands on aspect to all components of her output - production, writing, arrangement etc. were completely overlooked.

Never a truer word spoked

5 Likes

Who’s the Bob Dylan? Well, pretty much all electronic musicians are terrible singers… :wink:

1 Like

Critics

Homogenic: “Oh look at Bjork being her weird self. How cute.”
KID A: “REVOLUUUUTIIOOONNN”

It’s weird to me she never demanded producer credit. It’s not like she didn’t have the authority. It took Arca to finally say something. Maybe she didn’t even realize the significance. Idk.

3 Likes

It’s the double edged sword of being a female innovator.

Same with Missy Elliot and Timbaland.

5 Likes

Not sure I agree with you here, she has worked with some amazing electronic producers that helped bring her ideas to life, if she hadn’t worked with Bell, Massey, Vainio, Arca, Haxan Cloak etc then I think her music would not have developed as it has done, she’s used some of the best electronic artists and producers to help realise her vision. As an example listen to army of me and it sounds like an 808 state track

2 Likes

I think the issue is people gave the male producers the credit for the sound - as if Bjork were merely singing over their productions - when it couldn’t be further from the truth: she wrote the music and brought in the producers to collaborate and help see her vision to fruition.

4 Likes