Xone PX5 - Most underrated mixer? (review & tutorial)

I just bought mine PX5, Octatrack and Lyra8. I need help setting up. Lol. cables here and there and everywhere. What did I get myself into? can’t wait to get it all running. I couldn’t afford 96. Too much power and things I didn’t need too. Thank you in advance. This is gonna be a good loooooong weekend.

1 Like

I think Dave sold a lot of people the PX5 :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

I love it so far!

Using it for both timecode + real vinyl dj sets and live sets with my TR-8S, MC-707, Typhon and Doctor A :slight_smile: and will experiment some more doing hybrid vinyl/gear sets :slight_smile:

1 Like

Wakey wakey zombie thread.

does the px5 have the latching cue like the 96?

1 Like

Yeap :+1:

Any reason you stopped using your px5 for the 96?
You seemed pretty happy with it originally.

I got is as a lone from xone so I had to return it.
I do like it very much though. But the db4 suits better to what I do live.

The xone 96 on the other hand is for a different type op live setup. And here I need 2 send returns so here the 96 has the upper hand. You can use headphone out as another send but in this case I like to play with the send volume.

Honestly all three are great in their own way. Just have to figure out what you need and choose accordingly.

I figured it would have been the sends for you :wink:
That or it’s slightly easier to put on a rider
(although both the px5 and the 96 get you that same eye roll that basically says ‘can’t you just use the 92 already there? Jeeez’)

Thanks for the info!

1 Like

Haha yeah 96 is easier to put on a rider indeed. 92 is also fine. 96 is just superior :speak_no_evil: