Yamaha RM1X

Are you still using it? Realistically I love my current workflow setup. I can easily get longer sequences out of my Digitone with track scaling and multiple patterns however I am intrigued by linear sequencing. The midi fx also look to be great fun! Maybe I’m just gassing for something at the moment. I wonder how the sequencer on an Octatrack would compare. Different beasts, but I love Elektron workflow.

I don’t use the Rm1x anymore. I’m using my A4 now. I have a lot of songs on the Rm1x though, so that’s why I keep them. The Rm1x is great though - other than the internal sounds.

1 Like

I still use one of mine from time to time, depends what I’m doing. I find it so quick for recording multiple phrases. Midi kbd into RM then hang a couple of synths or modules off the midi out. Select a channel, record in notes, a couple of key presses to quantize and on to the next track. All 16 tracks can send to any midi output or any internal sound so you can build up melody and harmony parts super quick. You can alter transpose and harmony per channel in real time as well as offsetting the phrase start point.

You can do all that in a DAW but once you’ve picked up the RM way (so much easier than the Elektron learning curve) its super quick.

1 Like

This person has many great RM1X videos:
https://www.youtube.com/@alfabutane/videos

3 Likes

Hi have a mint condition one here I could sell :slight_smile: … bought to tinker with it but I have too much gear

Don’t sell it. I made some tutorial videos a while back to help myself getting back into it everytime I haven’t played it in a while. It prevented one or another guy from selling it :slightly_smiling_face:

https://youtube.com/playlist?list=PLZuWHwQPpsxEsSLeIVuHaVnsXFaQqJ2Vv

1 Like

maaaan I bought one of these years ago on reverb and the seller sold me a broken one as one in “very good condition,” every time I see one of these I’m a little bummed I never got to try it for myself. always loved the sound and look of the thing

1 Like

I own one too. It was my first groovebox. Sold it but later bought another one cheap. But did never really use it again. Before RM1x i just had one synth.

2 Likes