Your favorite ableton devices, racks, M4L or any other settings you thoroughly enjoy using in ableton

All Fors devices are great. Most parameters work well with Push 2.

1 Like

I like this M4L for using Beatstep as a portable Ableton controller.

1 Like

This thing was amazing!

Does anyone have any free chord players to recommend? Doesn’t have to be super advanced, anything would be appreciated:)

I’ve not tired this yet but I’m going to get it for Xmas: https://opal.fors.fm/.

Looks amazing, I wish it could be fully controlled from the octatrack, via midi.

edit: I’ve realised that it not only comes with the Sequencer/Devices, but also each device is a provided as a separate m4l device and so wrapping that up with OT is really not that hard… nice use of 5 of the midi tracks. i already use the OT for sequencing Ableton’s drum racks, which works great.

3 Likes

It’s a very very good device ! Super smart UI ( deep yet simple ), very nice sounding modules, original synthesis method, parameter lock for all the parameters, detachable editing window, seperated devices to use directly in drum rack etc …

It only lacks multi out for the main device and some kind of micro-timing …

Clearly for experimental and digital sounding stuff, it’s brillant.

1 Like

s8jfou’s ‘Chorb’ (along with absolutely everything else! Brums, Chants etc) could be worth a try.
Dude made an entire album using only Operator & Echo recently too - wild, and it’s good!

https://www.s8jfou.com/maxmsp

4 Likes

Ive really been enjoying this album!

1 Like

it looks like @Ess might be adding multiple out, sometime soon. micro-timing would be amazing too.

a few people have mentioned drum-rack for the individual instruments, but it’s not clear to me how this would work. as they are synths they benefit from playing with different midi notes, but if all 4 devices are dropped on a drum-rack, I’m not sure how this would work. (it’s a real pain that it’s difficult to filter by midi-channel in live within a channel itself.) i’m probably missing something.

1 Like

Well the individual devices are percussive synthesizers so they are primary designed to be used as one shot non melodic percussive element inside a drum pattern. So very suitable for a drum rack ( like the DS module built in Ableton ). You just put them in a drum cell a play like a one shot sample. If you want to make a melodic line with it you better put them on a normal midi track and play it like a normal synth, they will react to midi notes inputs. Drum rack is not design for melodic stuff but you can still automate the tuning parameter.

Looks amazing! Will check out the album as well. Thanks a bunch :slight_smile: