Your favourite vocal harmonies

1 Like

I know ABBA has already been mentioned, but the harmonies in dancing queen… damn

4 Likes

I didn’t see Imogen Heap so…
Hide and Seek

2 Likes

If only the first 1:30 would go 5x as long…

1 Like
1 Like

Nothing like it!

1 Like

I was on a job last year and the person controlling the music had us listen to an hour plus of Abba. That was an Abba overload… I believe Abba should be enjoyed in 30minute intervals, max, or maybe 6 minute bursts of Abba every hour or so, but not a full continuous hour of Abba.

1 Like

1 Like

Thanks. Not heard that Weyes Blood song.love this one.

This one has to be in here

1 Like

Constance Fry

1 Like

That reminds me that I completely forgot about this song that the Everly Brothers re-recorded in the 60s.

Ray Conniff was known for specifically splitting up his male and female singers not only in the arrangement, but also in the mix! It might feel a little too isolated on headphones, but on a stereo system, it feels like the choir is right in front of you, on either side, and the orchestra band is in the middle. Love his harmonic arrangements so much.

Manson was also a fan:

1 Like

Not only beautiful harmonies but the song itself is a powerful take on the loss of a mother. Maynard has sung about losing his mum in the past but this song is more down to earth and immediately relatable. Referencing her ashes being swept away by whirling dancing dust devils, and all that’s left of her is silence.

Dust devil swept you away.
Still not real.
Ash, urn, and silence.
Talk to me.
My recollections are
All that’s left of you.
Swirl and sway without me
Whirling playful dancing about you.
What’s left of you is
Ash and urn and this silent horizon.

1 Like
1 Like

…when two voices just work best alongside and together…

beatles and tears for fears had their most larger than life moments, whenever their individual singers became one same thing…

1 Like

Oh I’ve got a couple!
Sweden!

Ireland! (Clannad were masters of harmony so I went with the most obvious choice)

And the US, this blew my mind as a kid