Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom (Spoiler free discussion)

Ok, i have critique. Why the hell do I have to reselect ultrahand for each ultrahand action. I combine two things and zoom ultrahand mode is over, but usually I want to combine more stuff. Would make far more sense if I could start the mode, build everything, end mode.

2 Likes

Man I forgot how much Zelda encourages fucking around. Still havenā€™t gotten to play other than the first 20 minutes, but soon my kid will be over itā€¦I hope.

6 Likes

I regret I gave my son a switch. Totally hooked, and if he can, he will play Zelda for 30 hours a day.
Zelda is cool, by the way. Crazy cool. I donā€™t play, makes me sad. Working in the garden makes me happy

4 Likes

Iā€™m definitely happy to take foot of the main quest gas for a bit and try and let this thing saunter over a couple months or so. I even found with BOTW a similar thing, once Iā€™d done all 4 divine beasts it was like hmm, I guess the end of the game is over there. Kinda takes the wind out of the sails a bit. So yeah I might do this first boss and then circle around the main quests for a bit. To be honest for whatever reason I just run out of everything all the time. I have no stuff, it all breaks, used up everything. And itā€™s not like I can just go to a shop and buy things (yet). So I think I need to go forage and find things for a while

1 Like

From your abilities?

Your last used ability should be stuck. Just tap the L button

2 Likes

Yes, I think itā€˜s a whaste tom go straight for the main quest. These games are about roaming auround and allow yourself to constantly get distracted from what you set out to do.

I am severely illprepped for the ā€œnextā€ region. Getting towers and ā€œmemoriesā€ are an excellent reason to go exploring.

Iā€™m going to put the puzzle solution sound on my phone and play it every time I do something on my real life to-do list.

2 Likes

Yeah! Zelda topic :blush:

Iā€™ve played for a couple of hours now, I can already say that I Iike it even more than I liked BOTW.

OOT will always be my number one game. That was life changing for me and came out when I was a kid.

That said, I have to admit that this game really excites the kid in me.

The only gripe I have with it is that it chips away on my music making time :sunglasses:

4 Likes

Whenever I got frustrated in Elden Ring, I decided to look for maps and sites of grace. I didnā€™t know where that habit came from and then I remembered(playing TotK) how at some point I just stepped away from the main quest and collected towers and warp points.

Its such a brilliant design decision to have each warp point have a secomdary purpose- orbs or a spot to paraglide.

2 Likes

Didnā€˜t know thatšŸ˜„ will try it. Thanx

1 Like

No problem! Not that that advice helps ME!

I MUST be about 20 hours in and Iā€™m STILL fumbling with the controls :grinning:

ā€œUltrahand! Here we GO- wait, thats the throw weapon button. Crap I like this weapon, quick- check ability, Ultrahand still- okay cool, do thatā€

Again, like 20 hrs in, and Iā€™m inclined to say that this happens more often than notā€¦

4 Likes

THAT also happens to me all the timeā€‹:grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes: but I think that wonā€˜t change in times when I become stressed fighting. The controls are just a little bit much at times :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

1 Like

I will NEVER get used to the right most button being confirm and the bottom most button being cancel.

I saw from the tree house that they implemented a invert jump buttons, but still no remap controlsā€¦

Dangit Nintendo! :grinning:

2 Likes

Same here, same here. Also jumping beeing x is hard for mešŸ˜„

1 Like

wow, this makes me feel like a roaring noob seeing some of the stuff this guy did.

When i watched my kids play totk i felt a bit meh about it first. But yesterday i played myself for a few (hundred) hours and now iā€™m impressed.

As someone who spends more time on PlayStation, this always gets me.

2 Likes

My kid has decided ā€œLinkā€™s job is cutting grassā€ so I get the controller when we need to find another metal weapon lol.

Enjoying the look so far, but discovering the geometry of getting around the sky islands, the mist effects, and the item rotation are kryptonite for my long covid cognitive issues, so grass-cutting it is for now.

7 Likes

Itā€™s really growing on me. Iā€™m taking my time to explore and do some towers after getting the (spoilers for first story mission after tutorial)

Summary

hang glider

Iā€™m amazed at how lost I feel even after 120 hours of BotW - the world has changed in a great way. Iā€™m tempted to rush a bunch of koroks and shrines to increase stamina and inventory before tackling story content.

1 Like

That stuff is breaking my brain without long-Covid. Itā€™s incredible how much it changes some exploration.

3 Likes