1 synth techno setup

I really like the digitakt for this. And I’m saying that being fully aware of how poorly I’m utilising it, and how much potential it has beyond what I’m doing with it. That being said, I guess Ableton and Push 2 wouldn’t count as one device? :thinking:

…if ot is cheating…
well, then st might be cheating, too…

The Digitakt is great! I made a fairly complete set on it (short set, but still a decent variety). I made each “track” of the set, one 64 note pattern, carefully programmed with conditions and probabilities in order to get enough varied play out of each one. I set up the kick with enough ways to vary it on the fly that I could morph it manually through each track without a hard chop at each transition. Then did a bit of channel mute work on the fly as well. It turned out decently well.

The question really should’ve excluded all Elektron boxes. That aside I’ve seen some cool videos of people using just a Korg Monologue. The Wavestate is also another good one.

2 Likes

Blackbox. :smiley:

I’ve done a lot of single box techno tracks.

But I gotta give it to OT.

P-lockable master compressor. Transition looping for live playing. Plenty of LFOs, stereo samples, disk streaming, the ability to mangle anything from a single cycle or a 10 minute stereo wave into something new and interesting. Kits!(Parts)

It ain’t cheating, but perhaps I am cheating when I use both OTs and a Heat :wink:

4 Likes

EMX1.

Failing that

M O N O T R I B E

1 Like

Digitakt

Do/did/would you use transition looping when using OT solo?

For some reason recording loops has always been a Thru-track kind of thing for me, at least until now.

Syntakt. I can only comment on what I have, and it is a Techno box.

At the moment I require slamming it into the Digitakt compressor, so I’m keeping my fingers crossed they add a master compressor in future updates, and I really won’t need another item to make Techno which is ready out the box.

3 Likes

Syntakt :heart:

2 Likes

I think the Perkins looks great and sounds great, however I’m not sure if the sound palette is a little limited and after a lot of use it may become a bit samey, I do hope I’m wrong.

First thing I did on the m8 was a little minimal techno riff late 80’s transmat vibe, great machine however I’m all over Syntakt at the moment.
For techno on the go M8 can’t be beaten, I work away a lot and I have small earphones in the M8 case, it’s a extremely powerful tiny studio on the go solution which take up zero space in my suitcase.

10 Likes

God damnit…

I thought I had gotten the M8 out of my head a while back.

Jerk.

This would be the perfect device for exactly what you describe.

Hmmmmmmmmm…

3 Likes

Syntakt.

4 Likes

Monomachine or Digitakt if a sampler that can be a synth is allowed.

8 Likes

…oooh, I really wanted that to go on a bit longer

1 Like

I like Syntakt a lot for its versatility and formfactor and big sweet spots. Yet for a one synth techno setup I would want to be able to use it live, and for that the UI of Rytm (Mk2) with the big pads is best for me. Plus it’s sound - ST can make things sound a bit EDM if you don’t watch out, Rytm is just automatic dusty techno for me. Plus you have synthesis ánd samples.

7 Likes

Yeah as a travel companion it’s zero effort, everything I want is in its case just grab and go, other solutions just seem to have effort attached to them

1 Like

Yeah my only wish at the moment is for the compressor in Digitakt to be put in Syntakt

I remember in one of their machine updates they undone some hidden memory, imagine if there’s an analog compressor circuit already in there just ready to be unleashed with a firmware update, as that fx block drive page looks looks rather desolate with the 7 empty boxes.

4 Likes