1010music nanobox lemondrop : new granular synth

it’s like x-mas :)…congrats. the lemon drop is a defo purchase for me had I not reached my limits. But consider trading the 4a for the lemon.

1 Like

Those are 2 very different synths. Why not safe up till you get enough cashflow and use a granular synth app in the meantime?

1 Like

True…the simplicity of lemon versus the confusing performance option. Maybe i should spend more time with it.

Once you click with the A4 it becomes a beast and the workflow is pretty easy. :slight_smile:

My speculation is also that the bitboxes might see a price drop. I see hardly anyone talking about it or posting videos/audio online. Awesome little boxes but I think they priced them a bit too high.

I hope they release them in small eurorack modules at some point as well. Same goes for the Bluebox.

1 Like

Agree

Its that potential and practice i need to invest in. Gas side effect.

1 Like

That little yellow box is getting my interest by the day…
I was keen on getting a GR-1 but I might reconsider.

This is off-putting. My Zoom H1N moves around with cable torque and it is definitely annoying.

2 Likes

Live vid ^^

Next nanobox probably should be a multi sample player … stepping on blackbox toes though!

It’s okay, they just have to leave out song mode

Thanks! It’s good to hear you say that. I’ll pass it back to the team.

Like you, I prefer knobs and hardware. :slight_smile: And even a MIDI controller on my iPad doesn’t feel the same.

1 Like

I have a question for Lemondrop owners: Can i set it up to control all granular parameters with a launch control? It seems to me that there are only 3 modulators per sample. So only 3 destinations that i can control at once, right?

Not quite. You can have three modulation sources to a modulatable parameter.

In addition, one modulation source can modulate multiple parameters (although not all parameters accept modulation).

I don’t have mine in front of me right now, but there’s a bunch of modulators — the two LFOs, the modulation sequencer, Mvelocity, modwheel, the X and Y coordinates of the XY pad (which can be assigned to MIDI CC numbers), and aftertouch, if I recall. The manual at Nanobox Lemondrop Support - 1010music LLC ought to list them all.

1 Like

Thank you! I was hoping to turn it into a knobby granular synth.

You can definitely do that. It’s not 3 modulable parameters total. It’s 3 modulations per parameter.

There are a few parameters with no modulation available beside the X/Y in the FX section (hopefully this will change), but you can map a midi controller to all the granular + synthesis (adsr/filter/lfo) parameters, that’s how I’ve been using mine :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Oh nice! That’s great.

I had a chance to test it, but it’s not for everyone. As an FX it’s cool you can add grains to your sound, reverse them and so on (but so does the Red Panda Particle). As a synth, well, you have to like spectral stuff and tubular bells. Some sounds are huge but not necessarily in a good way and everything sounds a bit metallic (which is kind of normal due to the nature of granular synthesis).

Not for me, but definitely well built. Except that anti-slip coating, I hate it and the industry should stop using it.

Did you also manage to assign Start Position? For some reason this is the only parameter that i can’t assign.

I love the Black Box and BitBox, but with only 4 voice polyphony I don’t see myself getting a nano box.