1010music nanobox lemondrop : new granular synth

I agree with both these statements. However, finding a synth of the Fireball’s output quality that matches in size and price, that’s going to be a challenge. So if those factors are important, it’s hard to beat.

1 Like

Micromonsta2 comes to mind.
Thanks for the reviews :slight_smile:

9 Likes

Yeah it does seem like an achievement in that way. My brain basically has to do flips fighting the urge to compare every wavetable synth to the Waldorf M these days, which is not exactly affordable.

1 Like

M is so nice :+1: kinda feel I’m in love

Man I want one of these but the cost is just too much for me to consider. At $220 or something like that I’d buy both.

2 Likes

Very nice, Lemondrop looks good! I’ve always been in search for small and portable polyphonic sampler, but since I’d need to use it just for playing sampled instruments the price seem to be a bit high for that.

Wanted to take the opportunity and ask here does anyone know something similar to Lemondrop? Just a simple polyphonic sampler (not iPad or computer).

Just watched the review videos on YT … menu diving for volume control! Didn’t see or hear anything I would be interested in……kinda feels like a kickstarter project….they made something very, very small but not battery powered….just seems a pointless design choice….6 more knobs and less menu diving would have made much more sense.

3 Likes

I don’t know that either of these boxes is really my thing, but more tracks of you employing them definitely is. Can we get a firelemon album, please?

5 Likes

:slight_smile: :hearts:

You are the guy from CDM?

2 Likes

Yeah… If I didn’t have an mm2, the fireball would be tempting. The lemondrop, though… We’ll see.

That is absolutely amazing.

Not the guy :slightly_smiling_face: I’m the CDM guy who reviews these kits. But Peter Kirn is the CDM guy :slightly_smiling_face:

6 Likes

There are a lot of tiny USB powered devices at this point so I suppose pretty building a small set up around a USB power brick isn’t unreasonable. I think the lemon drop model also makes pretty good sense as an fx unit and small size can be attractive there… curious to see more processing done with it.

1 Like

I’ve been gasin for the GR-1 for a looong time. The lemondrop seems like a good and cheaper alternative to try out the workflow first.

3 Likes

@circuitghost

Is there a way to preview samples on Lemondrop before loading them as oscillators? And can we trigger sounds from the box itself and not rely on external controller or sequencer?

1 Like

I’m not sure about previewing, though in practice, there are no loading times from the Micro SD, so not sure if you need it. There’s a grid interface with scales that lends itself very well, size considering, for nanojams :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

SonicState review.

5 Likes

These things sound pretty amazing! I don’t really need them, but I could see picking them up for my kids, family, etc. I mentioned this on Bo’s channel in the comments already, but if I was to buy them, I think I’d get both, then make an aluminum case that housed both units, and then use different knobs. I don’t like they plasticy look/feel (even though I haven’t touched them). They seem very capable though, and I love what I’ve heard so far.

1 Like

regardless of everything, great to see 1010 as a thriving new music tech company launching cute new products. I enjoy device news voyeurism as much as I do actually trying to make music.

almost a teenage engineering vibe to this, except that teenage engineering are authentically about as productive as a teenager

probably already said in the comments but - these are firmware swappable? start of a noise engineering sort of desmondo iteritas vibe of mutable machines and new firmwares to make you buy 1,2,3 + nanoboxes and write whatever firmwares you prefer?

If that’s the case, far more tempted to buy one and then weigh up getting another if I like both firmwares…

(just got to Gaz talking about this in the SS vid)

8 Likes