1st trig button got out

I am keeping my machinedrum safer and cleaner than my self.

5 min. ago, while playing , 1st trig button just jumped out, i didn’t play live rec, no wild pressing or something, all as usual and the machine is on my desktop, never left my house.

suddenly, i have black button and gold ball in my hand.

the machine works and sounds great as always, but WTF ?
is someone here know about it or ever happened to him ?

and yap, I’m trying to stay cool, not easy, its my favorite instrument !

Geez… I feel ya buddy… I be well suprised if something happend to me like that.
I wonder how though. kinda was under the impression that the buttons have little plastic spacers to keep them underneath the faceplate…

Weird question… do you have your gear in the sun behind a window?

No other advice or thoughts about it… just moral support… it sucks when gear brakes…

hi,
thank you,

nope, the gear is not under or near windows, there are no signs of glue or something like that , that could got dry…

i contacted elektron, tomorrow I’ll go to the local dealer and probably it will be sent to fixing.
and it feels so shit, i love the machinedrum.

I’ve had mine opened up yesterday and I am surprised that the button just jumped out, as these buttons are really sturdy and seem to be nearly indestructible.

I think sending it to servicing or asking elektron for a replacement button as you did is the best idea.

Mine is in servicing too at the moment and should be back after this weekend (non elektron service), I hope my motherboard isnt broken and it’s just the PSU.

I whish your MD the best and I think it is a minor problem, was the trigger still useable ?

thank you :slight_smile:

the trigger is basically unusable because the 4 plastic legs somehow broke…
of course i could put some glue and sort it out, but i much prefered a new trigger, now i need to wait for it (messe 14 is over. elektron please hurry up :)).

i hope this situation will end soon, still, it sounds great. i use live rec and trig position so… its booming the room